The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with identifying a radio I got when I purchased a pickup.  (Read 4129 times)
KD5BVX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 07:07:19 AM »

Actually this looks like an older public service band radio that would have to be reworked to be able to operate on the ham bands depending on the bands it is now used on.  Some of those older rigs can't be easily reworked and may require major work to be so used, something that would be way more expensive than just getting a ham rig and replacing it. 

For what it's worth, just my $0.02.

The Icom F-121 VHF freq range is 136–174 MHz - that covers the 2m band. 

Mark
K6CPO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 03:59:48 PM »

If the radio works and you don't want to keep it, I might be able to take it off your hands.  I know of a museum that's looking for an inexpensive business band radio.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2017, 08:06:35 PM »

Actually this looks like an older public service band radio that would have to be reworked to be able to operate on the ham bands depending on the bands it is now used on.  Some of those older rigs can't be easily reworked and may require major work to be so used, something that would be way more expensive than just getting a ham rig and replacing it. 

For what it's worth, just my $0.02.

The Icom F-121 VHF freq range is 136–174 MHz - that covers the 2m band. 

If it is a F-121 and it does cover that wide a frequency range.  Depending on how old a rig it is, it may not have such a wide frequency range.  There again, maybe I'm just getting too old...  Smiley
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: