The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom ID-5100A Birdie?  (Read 916 times)
KG5NSH

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2017, 05:42:22 PM »

First, let me say that this is my first new topic post.  I hope that I have chosen an appropriate forum group.  I sincerely appreciate constructive criticism and help from you all.  I have multiple Icom 2m/70cm transceivers; however, I am a relatively new ham.  That said, I get stumped frequently and I am eager to learn more about my transceivers.  Now, on to my question...

On my ID-5100A, when in dual band mode, if I set one side to 147.500 and the other to 442.000, I appear to have a birdie.  However, if I swap the frequencies from one side to the other, the birdie is no longer there; if I swap back, it returns.  Sometimes, after restarting the transceiver, the ordering of those two frequencies causing the birdie, meaning which one is on which side, flips.  Nonetheless, the birdie still exists; it's just a matter of determining which frequency has to be on which side.  I hope that makes sense.  I wanted to attach a photo for reference, but can not seem to figure out how to do that.

So, is this in fact a birdie?  Might my transceiver have a problem?  Does anyone else with an ID-5100A have this birdie?  I thought birdies were worked out of modern day transceivers and would really appreciate input from other ID-5100A users.  Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: