The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad CW  (Read 17411 times)
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2017, 10:09:30 PM »

Gavin do you know where the Morse Test was taken in London (North I believe) around 1981? Were you an examiner then?

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever
ZL1BBW

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: April 01, 2017, 10:35:34 PM »

Gavin do you know where the Morse Test was taken in London (North I believe) around 1981? Were you an examiner then?

I left GKA in 85/86 but had been at Tech for a year on their payroll  Grin

The official test was a St Martins le Grand a very dour looking building, dont know where else it was done in London at that time.

I was probably doing tests around various rallies probably in 83/84 from memory, that was a real good time.

Just found my old 2nd class cert, 25 feb 1970, oh for those days again with what I know now  Wink

Cheers  Gavin.

ex MN Radio Officer, Portishead Radio GKA, BT Radio Amateur Morse Tester.  Licensed as G3YCP ZL1DAB, now taken over my father (sk) call as ZL1BBW.
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2017, 04:05:25 AM »

Yes having a second shot at life would be great wouldn't it. Knowing what one does now, to go back and do it again. Certainly I'd appreciate things a lot more knowing that the future would not be so good Smiley

G4LNA

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2017, 05:32:34 AM »

I took my Morse test around that time and in was in the Marine Services Division somewhere down New Fetter Lane, I can't remember exactly where, but it was only a ten minute walk from where I was working near Farringdon station. I haven't a clue who the examiner was though.

I can remember it was taken in a room full of radio equipment, the examiner said that is where they tested the up and coming sparks for their certificates.

VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2017, 06:16:26 AM »

I took my Morse test around that time and in was in the Marine Services Division somewhere down New Fetter Lane, I can't remember exactly where, but it was only a ten minute walk from where I was working near Farringdon station. I haven't a clue who the examiner was though.

I can remember it was taken in a room full of radio equipment, the examiner said that is where they tested the up and coming sparks for their certificates.
Now that must be it. New Fetter Lane and Farringdon ring a bell. Thanks. You must have done yours around the same time. I'm sure you told me before have some vague memory of it, my memory is not very good.

ZL1BBW

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: April 02, 2017, 01:39:36 PM »

St Bartholomews Place rings a bell with me.

ex MN Radio Officer, Portishead Radio GKA, BT Radio Amateur Morse Tester.  Licensed as G3YCP ZL1DAB, now taken over my father (sk) call as ZL1BBW.
G4LNA

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: April 02, 2017, 11:46:08 PM »

It was a No. 1 St Martin's le Grand at the back of Barts hospital, but it moved to New Fetter Lane sometime before I took my test.

The original old building has now had a face lift and is now rented out as offices. I think it is a listed building, so they can't knock it down like they've done with a lot of old buildings in London.

https://tinyurl.com/mqn73p5

ZL1BBW

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2017, 01:15:50 AM »

It was a No. 1 St Martin's le Grand at the back of Barts hospital, but it moved to New Fetter Lane sometime before I took my test.

The original old building has now had a face lift and is now rented out as offices. I think it is a listed building, so they can't knock it down like they've done with a lot of old buildings in London.

https://tinyurl.com/mqn73p5

Somewhere I am sure it was on the Ground floor, not the basement, my Father and I took a piece of equipment there to undergo type approval, it was a one off, before the Act was rewritten to preclude any further such cases.

AK7V

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2017, 03:30:43 PM »

For me, hearing the long dahs / fast dits isn't a problem.  Too many dits trips me up more, and that happens with fairly often with some bug users that have the 'ditter' set too fast for their sending.  Usually the context of the conversation makes it clear that they mean B, not 6 -- or it's an H, not whatever 7 or 9 or however-many-dits-that-was-but-I-know-that-was-more-than-5 represents ....... Cheesy
VE3LYX

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2017, 04:09:20 PM »

It must be nice to be wonderful. Some of us will never know that feeling. :<(
donVE3LYX
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: