The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stations Sending CQ Over and Over on JT65  (Read 7795 times)
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 07:19:34 AM »

Could it be that they logged the QSO after receiving the response from you? So that when they responded to you the second time, it would naturally put out that 'qso B4' moniker.
My JTAlerT will indicate "worked B4" on the "second" exchange, but, it will not send that info unless I manually prepare that message and insert it into the "send" area.

It will not log the QSO until I send a comment with "73" in it.

Perhaps, there is also a different method of customizing the JTAlerT sw that I am not doing.
N6YFM

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 10:17:50 AM »

Or there could be multiple people answering at the same time and none of them gets decoded.

That could have been a problem with the older software.
Current versions of WSJT-X and also JTDX-HF both will decode and display multiple
people who respond to a CQ, even on the same frequency.
New Math!  :-)

Cheers
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2017, 08:11:01 AM »

Yes, it's possible.

And somewhat related, the same situation you describe likely accounts for the high number of 'not in log' QSOs I used to receive on eQSL. If the automatic upload to eQSL is enabled, a logging mistake will do that.

73 de Vince, VA3VF

That's why I was puzzled by it. As for why the EA answered in the first place, maybe he was not paying attention to JTAlert. Tongue

73 de Vince, VA3VF

Could it be that they logged the QSO after receiving the response from you? So that when they responded to you the second time, it would naturally put out that 'qso B4' moniker.
VK3BL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 08:02:45 AM »

Asymmetrical propagation is a reality on lower bands, as is high noise floors in suburban environments.

Nightly I can light up the USA on pskreporter.info, without hearing any US stations whatsoever.  A check of pskreporter.info shows that other VKs are not hearing them either.

On the flip side, EU lights up 40M every VK morning, but even with running what others would define as 'excess power', I only manage -17 to -21 reports if I manage to work them at all.

80M is even worse for asymmetry.  Don't be dismayed, its all part of DXing with JT65 and learning band conditions.

The fact of the matter is a long wire and <30 Watts won't result in daily DX QSOs on 40M and below, unless you're patient and learn to work the band at the right time.  You will also have to work it daily so you're there when decent propagation happens.

20M and above is different - propagation is nearly always symmetrical enough.

J.D. Mitchell BA  - VK3BL / XU7AGA - https://www.youtube.com/ratemyradio
KI5LP

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2017, 09:53:45 AM »

I do this quite often. Call CQ, watch the waterfall, if no respose is forthcoming in a few seconds after the :00 mark I check/in check the 1st/even box and try again.

JT transmissions started a few seconds into the cycle decode fine. The data is sent twice.
K4AMK

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 02:01:40 PM »

I do this quite often. Call CQ, watch the waterfall, if no respose is forthcoming in a few seconds after the :00 mark I check/in check the 1st/even box and try again.

JT transmissions started a few seconds into the cycle decode fine. The data is sent twice.

It's good to hear why someone does this but I don't think it's a good practice.  I can't speak for others but I frequently don't start answering a CQ until 5-10 seconds into the new minute, due to looking through the decodes to see which station I want to respond to and how.  It's helpful to know if a given station is operating even or odd at the moment so if you miss them a first time you know when to call again.  I think you may be transmitting some times when someone is responding to you, but for whatever reason started later than a few seconds or in subsequent minute.
K1HMS

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »

I have noticed that some stations have started sending CQ over and over without even checking to see if anyone is answering them.  This is especially true for some DX stations.  Am I missing something?  Are they somehow working split?  I have tried to answer them and getting nothing back and then just observe as they send CQ a number of times before checking.  When it is a minute between TX and RX, one could tie up a lot of time and at 100% duty cycle cause their rigs to really heat up.  Just wondering what is going on.  73, Ray AA4EZ

Many times it is Reverse Beacons. CQ three time, call sign twice. Then watch the on-line Spot Collector to see which stations copied you and see your SNR. Tweak your power or turn the beam a couple of degrees and repeat. It stated on CW and has gone Digital. Thank unattened web connected SDRs like Flex.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: