The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7200 KHZ  (Read 9289 times)
KC3NG

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:09:43 AM »

I have just reactivated and in the sixties did a fair amount of DFing on 75. Since 75 has always died during day the due to absorption i have turned to 40 in the day and to my horror I have discovered 7200 Khz and the lunacy on that frequency, This is the first time I've ever heard music on the ham bands. I recognize a need to know more about this. My guess is that there is more than one station involved and am considering what to do about it. Please if you have an account of 7200 or would like to be a part of cleaning it up, add to this thread.

Do you have a idea how local any of the participants may be?

Renee KC3NG
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 11:25:53 AM »

Oh...what the heck. In for the inevitable sheet show and subsequent thread lock.

(popcorn.gif)
KC3NG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:42:54 AM »

I'm serious. What are you referring to in using "sheet show"? I do don't want this thread closed, I want information.

Renee KC3NG
KD8TUT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 11:45:27 AM »

I'm serious. What are you referring to in using "sheet show"? I do don't want this thread closed, I want information.

Renee KC3NG

That frequency has been gone for a long time. The FCC doesn't do a *lot* of enforcement these days. Some operators who did bad things on that frequency have been identified by the FCC.

But it's a cesspool which we all tend to spin the dial past.

There's nothing we can do.

Putting a Shatnerologist in a room full of ordinary people is like putting a velociraptor in a room full of wiener dogs.
KC3NG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 12:09:31 PM »

There's a lot we can do if we have information ans if we are organized, The bulk of my experience is on 75. I acknowledge my lack of experience on 40. But we have to start somewhere. Cleabing up 7200 would be good for hamdom.

Renee Kc3NG
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 12:20:24 PM »

Try google 7.200 mhz lots of info (stumbled across that freq myself and stay away from it)...
KD8TUT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 12:56:33 PM »

There's a lot we can do if we have information ans if we are organized, The bulk of my experience is on 75. I acknowledge my lack of experience on 40. But we have to start somewhere. Cleabing up 7200 would be good for hamdom.

Renee Kc3NG

Sadly, hams seem more interested in partisan politics rather than doing something related to ham radio.

You'll see after a while back on the bands.

Putting a Shatnerologist in a room full of ordinary people is like putting a velociraptor in a room full of wiener dogs.
KC3NG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 01:17:37 PM »

I have just listened to the sample on youtube. A couple of things are clear. 1.) The problem is large. 2.) There seems to be little enforcement on the illegalities on that frequency. 3.) It is my impression that many of the people are unlicensed offenders,

I think a couple of convictions would go far in cleaning up 7200 Khz. I personally know a retired FCC person from the Larel monitoring station. I will see who he can put me in touch with,

Renee KC3NG
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2017, 01:56:33 PM »

I have just listened to the sample on youtube. A couple of things are clear. 1.) The problem is large. 2.) There seems to be little enforcement on the illegalities on that frequency. 3.) It is my impression that many of the people are unlicensed offenders,...

Renee KC3NG
Point 2 is correct.
Points 1 and 3 are not.

if you really want info, post up a current e-mail address.
be prepared to get slammed. most of the sub-human 7.200 operators will spam you.
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2017, 02:30:30 PM »

I have just listened to the sample on youtube. A couple of things are clear. 1.) The problem is large. 2.) There seems to be little enforcement on the illegalities on that frequency. 3.) It is my impression that many of the people are unlicensed offenders,

I think a couple of convictions would go far in cleaning up 7200 Khz. I personally know a retired FCC person from the Larel monitoring station. I will see who he can put me in touch with,

Renee KC3NG
Welcome back Renee.

This topic is one that is frequently cussed and discussed on the boards, all of which does no good.  The FCC is not particularly interested in amateur band enforcement.

The worst behavior seems to occur on a handful of frequencies on three bands.  Rather than making yourself angry, best to 'spin the dial" and avoid those bad neighborhoods.  There are plenty of friendly and polite hams on the rest of the bands.  

bill
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 03:57:07 PM »

Renee KC3NG
   Unfortunately, the FCC no longer seems to have the money or the manpower to pursue anything but the most egregious rules violations on the ham bands.  If you really want to get an earful, just listen to some of the the daily "conversations" that take place on the following repeater!   www.Broadcastify.com/listen/feed/14747/web
KC3NG

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 04:22:08 PM »

I listened to the California repeater and heard nothing as bad as 7200 khz. That's the only ham frequency where I've heard music.
What's sense in having unenforced rules?
Renee KC3NG
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2017, 05:37:33 PM »

Welcome back.

Sorry about the state of things. Somewhere along the line society took a dump and pulled a part of ham radio down with it. Don't give yourself an aneurysm over it; not worth it. It's the new reality.

Maybe a certain prolific poster to this forum who claims to be "making ham radio great again" can actually do it. Again, don't hold your breath. He has several simultaneous delusions, of which this is only one.

================================================
WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God. Thank you Jesus!
WB6MMJ

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 01:42:32 PM »

Due to the lack of enforcement by the F.C.C. and the A.R.R.L.`s interest in money, only. Welcome to the new CB Radio bands.
Waving a hand at ya.
I`m on the side.
WX7P

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 02:27:21 PM »

Renee Kc3NG

1. If you want to be a cop, study and get a badge
2. Your radio has a vfo, unless you're rock-bound and stuck 7.200, use it.
3. Read the million other threads for your jammer endorphin rush
4. Watch more daytime TV. You can see the participants in the soap opera. You won't have to visualize good v. evil.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: