Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Deja Vu - All Over Again" (Rude Ops)  (Read 652 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2009, 10:17:03 AM »

I guess I should have known better to try working the E4 this morning. I guess I had forgotten about the piles of dog crap that seem to float out of the cess pool when a decent expedition is on the air.  I dont mind competing with the Euronuts, OR the BIG Gun US DXers and even the dumbass DXers who dont listen and call on the DX and yes, even the DX cops, but the rude weekend/holiday ragchewers are just more than I can swallow easily.

While listening patiently this morning on 17m SSB, I kept hearing a whisper or two that I think was E44M, and I was hoping the signal would build. I saw a SA spot for him, so I had my fingers crossed. Then  -  Lo and behold, here comes a loud station from the Carribean calling CQ on the DX frequency. He was immediately asked to QSY by a couple hams(not me, I would probably not been as nice as they were, especially after his reply), and his reply was something like "DX, what DX? I cant hear any station from Palestine and I dont want to move" He soon got an answer to his CQ from a European station and they chatted about how some DXers were asking him to move, but he was not going to, because he could not hear the DX. I bit my tongue, and spun the VFO, shut down the station and then went out to blow some leaves. I will try again next week when these a$$holes hopefully are at work. Some things NEVER change.  Gene
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: