The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help trying to find a specific West Mountain DSP Noise Filter review  (Read 800 times)
WA0QIT

Ignore
« on: June 09, 2017, 05:45:21 PM »

Was researching the West Mountain DSP Noise Rejection filters (one w/ speaker built in, and one with just the modual (you provide your own speaker). Came across a review somewhere written by a US ham that went very in-depth about setup and operational tips that are not covered in WM website or owners manual. It was a positive review, for the most part, but now that I have one and experienced some "little things," wanted to re-read his review so I can iron out the little things. I've searched this forum, the e-ham reviews, done a general Google search, but no joy.

Wonder if anyone else saw this review or if the station that wrote it may be lucky wnough to see this post and respond.

Thanks,
Mick
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 06:17:12 PM »

Was researching the West Mountain DSP Noise Rejection filters (one w/ speaker built in, and one with just the modual (you provide your own speaker). Came across a review somewhere written by a US ham that went very in-depth about setup and operational tips that are not covered in WM website or owners manual.

Perhaps this one:
http://www.kd2kog.com/2016/06/west-mountain-radio-clrdsp-noise.html

Found by searching "West Mountain DSP Noise Rejection filter review" using DuckDuckGo.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 06:43:25 PM »

I own & use Three ClearSpeech DSP modules in my shack.They are pretty much Plug & Play.Give them 12 volts or so of power & plug the DSP Unit into the rear of the radio where the external speaker usually plugs in & then plug the external speaker into the rear of the ClearSpeech DSP unit.The units I own & use just have a toggle switch that flips to the right for ON & to the left for OFF(I never use OFF).The New DSP modules do have a couple of knobs but they still look very simple.If I can figure them out anyone can. Cheesy

Clayton
W4KVW
K6BRN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 04:37:53 PM »

Here is my original detailed review of the West Mountain Radio CLRdsp...

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6921

I currently have three of the "boxes" and one of the speakers.  All work well, even in combination with the built in noise reduction of my FTDX-3000, FT-991 and IC-R75.

Brian - K6BRN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: