The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for Another "CW in the Movies" Thread  (Read 2580 times)
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 07:56:34 AM »

One I have always wondered about is from "Hunt for Red October" what did, if anything, did Capt Mancuso send to Ramius vis the periscope flashes .. Anyone ever try to copy it?

It was in Russian Morse. Quite different from English Morse.

From what I understood, it was measurements for playmate of the month... Smiley
KB1WSY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 03:30:26 PM »

Brigitte Bardot ... with a novel "fist."

73 de Martin, KB1WSY
KM4DYX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 05:33:11 PM »

Brigitte Bardot ... with a novel "fist."

73 de Martin, KB1WSY

Now if that isn't enough to motivate you to practice code then I don't know what is.

Al
N3DF

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 02:56:52 AM »

Lost Horizon, the 1937 film with Ronald Coleman and Jane Wyatt, shows two Vibroplexes in action as part of a montage depicting the search for the missing plane that eventually lands at Shangra La. 

Neil N3DF
KQ4MM

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 05:28:10 AM »

One I have always wondered about is from "Hunt for Red October" what did, if anything, did Capt Mancuso send to Ramius vis the periscope flashes .. Anyone ever try to copy it?

Yeah, that part I remember plus we get what Ryan read to him to send, no way he sent all that plus there is  no way to really decode the clicking Mancuso did, I was mainly was wondering about the flashes from one of the periscope near the end of that scene .. You tubed it last night but couldn't make it out
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 09:14:09 PM »

Well, again "literary license" and all, the periscope scene was just a few seconds, but it would have taken several minutes of time to  send all that Ryan read to him at the rate he was clicking away there. And then there is the Russian/English morse thing.   What can you say, it was a movie, but a pretty enjoyable one though.

Yeah, that part I remember plus we get what Ryan read to him to send, no way he sent all that plus there is  no way to really decode the clicking Mancuso did, I was mainly was wondering about the flashes from one of the periscope near the end of that scene .. You tubed it last night but couldn't make it out
M0LEP

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Today at 12:43:30 AM »

Un-picking the quotes...

Well, again "literary license" and all, the periscope scene was just a few seconds, but it would have taken several minutes of time to  send all that Ryan read to him at the rate he was clicking away there. And then there is the Russian/English morse thing.   What can you say, it was a movie, but a pretty enjoyable one though.

Yeah. Often seems the tapping, clicking or flashing is going pretty slowly so that the audience, who mostly can't read code, can recognise that there's supposed to be some meaning in it, but the message is read out rather faster so the story keeps moving. That's the movies...
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: