The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BCB DX-ing during winter  (Read 1456 times)

« on: February 04, 2009, 04:15:44 AM »

I use the K9AY receive antenna for 160M and 80M, and while I'm waiting for a new band mode slot or all time new one, I have a lot of fun broadcast band DX-ing.

I especially like stumbling on very small local AM radio stations - its a throwback to my childhood, when I was an SWL-er and BCB DX-er growing up with a small home town AM radio station (WNNJ).

Its pretty amazing when I can switch the 4 directions and hear 4 different AM radio stations - and very much separated and in the clear.

Do you BCB DX or SWL while waiting for that next "new one"?
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 05:16:39 AM »

Ah yes, the days of my youth, when I sat up at night listening to the distant signals from KYW in Philly, 3WE in Cleveland, Ws CBS, NBC, and ABC among countless others in NY, WJR in Detroit, WMAQ and WGN Chicago, WBZ in Boston, WRVA in Richmond, and WSB in Atlanta, etc! Listening to baseball games in the summer time on some of those stations.  The seeds that started it all!  And as for SWLing. Love it! I just wish there weren't so many bloody countries (mostly in Europe) that have bagged their services!!!.... :-(......But I still listen to my Zenith Transoceanic from 1953 to see what's out there! Even if most of the Euros are no longer on the air.

Vince P
KA3NRX

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: