The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Logging software advice  (Read 2834 times)
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 06:56:38 AM »

I just use Windows 10 since it logs everything I do whether I want it to or not.

You must have 11BDXCC, and be in the Honour Hall by now.  Grin Grin Grin

73 de Vince, VA3VF
WB4M

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 12:58:47 PM »

I use and recommend DXKeeper, which is part of the DXLabs suite of programs.  Uploading, downloading and matching QSL's via LoTW and eQSL are just 2 or 3 mouse clicks.  Automatically tracks many different awards at the same time.   Interfaces with a number of digital programs such as MixW, FLDigi, and WSJT-X.
My second favorite would be LOG4OM.   

I echo what another poster said, there are many logging programs available, most are free, so no need to pay for one.  Try some and find one you like, but I have tried the great majority of them and think you will find DXKeeper and LOG4OM the top contenders and both are free.
KE0JWA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 06:50:54 AM »

I have an IC-7300 and have been using Ham Radio Deluxe but with all the bad press and the way the owner of HRD treats his customers I am trying to go to something else like DXLab software.

I downloaded the DXLab software and it is a frigging nightmare trying to get it to work. Is anyone with a 7300 actually using it and could you give me some tips on the setup? I looked for some Youtube videos but all I found was K0PIR using it with a MAC...that was no help.

Thought about using LOG4OM but then would have to use FLDIGI and couldn't get it to work either.

I used to have a lot of hair.....it's all pulled out now  Cheesy.

Thanks for any help. 

Randy
KE0JWA
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 07:02:36 AM »

I have an IC-7300 and have been using Ham Radio Deluxe but with all the bad press and the way the owner of HRD treats his customers I am trying to go to something else like DXLab software.

I downloaded the DXLab software and it is a frigging nightmare trying to get it to work. Is anyone with a 7300 actually using it and could you give me some tips on the setup? I looked for some Youtube videos but all I found was K0PIR using it with a MAC...that was no help.

Thought about using LOG4OM but then would have to use FLDIGI and couldn't get it to work either.

I used to have a lot of hair.....it's all pulled out now  Cheesy.

Thanks for any help.  

Randy
KE0JWA

I use Logger32. It's possible to integrate with FLDIGI by using the L32-FLDIGI Gateway by N2AMG, but you can use MMVARI or MMTTY from Logger32.

73 de Vince, VA3VF
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 05:12:33 PM »

I used to have a lot of hair.....it's all pulled out now  Cheesy.

Thanks for any help.  

Randy
KE0JWA

I get on the air with RCForb and a remote station. I tried integrating LOG4OM and fldigi and really had to just stop. Only HRD will easily integrate with RCForb and is fully documented by the RCForb community. LOG4OM might have a nice look and feel but it's not quite ready for prime time in a few ways

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 12:27:07 AM »

Step-by-step instructions for configuring DXLab Commander to control your IC-7300 are here. As you have joined the DXLab Yahoo Group, don't hesitate to post questions or concerns there; all questions are welcome, no matter how many times they've already been asked an answered.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 12:32:01 AM »

Only HRD will easily integrate with RCForb and is fully documented by the RCForb community. LOG4OM might have a nice look and feel but it's not quite ready for prime time in a few ways

DXLab works with RCForb; see http://www.remotehams.com/forums/index.php?topic=1048.0 .
KE0JWA

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 06:45:06 AM »

Step-by-step instructions for configuring DXLab Commander to control your IC-7300 are here. As you have joined the DXLab Yahoo Group, don't hesitate to post questions or concerns there; all questions are welcome, no matter how many times they've already been asked an answered.

Thanks...this is just what I needed....getting started on it now.

Randy
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 08:05:35 AM »

Only HRD will easily integrate with RCForb and is fully documented by the RCForb community. LOG4OM might have a nice look and feel but it's not quite ready for prime time in a few ways

DXLab works with RCForb; see http://www.remotehams.com/forums/index.php?topic=1048.0 .

That seems to indicate that I'd have to buy the ORB control device before i could use DXLab

AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 08:53:52 AM »

That seems to indicate that I'd have to buy the ORB control device before i could use DXLab

In http://www.remotehams.com/forums/index.php?topic=1048.0, WA0TPN states " I downloaded the DXLabs software and had it working with RemoteHams within a few minutes with no problems on my Windows 8.1 tablet while away from home in a hotel."
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 10:33:02 AM »

[/quote]

In http://www.remotehams.com/forums/index.php?topic=1048.0, WA0TPN states " I downloaded the DXLabs software and had it working with RemoteHams within a few minutes with no problems on my Windows 8.1 tablet while away from home in a hotel."
[/quote]

The post right above that one seems to indicate that the ORB device is necessary. I don't have one but so far I've gotten Commander to talk to RCForb in simulated K3 mode.

AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 10:49:14 AM »

The post right above that one seems to indicate that the ORB device is necessary. I don't have one but so far I've gotten Commander to talk to RCForb in simulated K3 mode.

I don't believe an ORB is necessary, as your results above seem to confirm. I haven't used remote access via remotehams, but several DXLab users besides WA0TPN have reported success in doing so. I've sent you an invitation to join the DXLab Yahoo Group; feel free to post a message there asking for experience reports.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: