The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Amateur Radio Parity Act reintroducd to the Senate  (Read 6029 times)
WB2KSP

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2017, 08:57:02 AM »

The bill, S. 1534. (Companion to H.R. 555)  was referred yesterday to the Commerce Committee of the Senate. Fingers crossed that it makes it through this time.
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 06:55:34 AM »

So both bills have been referred to the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation...

Rick KK4GGL
W8LV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »

Yep!  Grin

Good!

73 and All the Best!
DE W8LV Bill
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 05:02:23 AM »

The Senate is too busy chasing Russians and beating up President Trump to worry about this bill.

Happy being an Amateur Extra!
Nothing says CB on my printed license.
Ares/Races but no lights or crown vic.
WB8LBZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 08:43:25 AM »

I live in a Non HOA subdivision so I have no dog in this fight. If the wording is the same I'm guessing that Senator Nelson from Florida will still kill it. The Republicans can't agree on the time of day and the Democrats won't tell them how to get there. I don't see it going anywhere.

73, Larry  WB8LBZ
El Paso, TX
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 05:12:01 PM »

The wording is the same as what was passed by the House this year.  The language is CAI approved. Last year the version of the bill that did not include CAI approved language was passed by  Nelson's committee with 2 no votes, Nelson's and the Senator from Hawaii. It then passed the Senate.

Rick KK4GGL
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 09:08:02 PM »

Will never pass because Bill Nelson said he will table it once again.He's getting money from the HOA's so he will keep killing it.The best advice is don't move into an HOA & then sign that contract & want someone else too fix your mistake.It's nobody's fault but those who choose these Communist Communities yet they want money wasted fighting for their lack of common sense? The ARRL has no power much like the Toothless bunch at the FCC.  Shocked

Clayton
W4KVW
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 10:19:19 PM »

Bill Nelson ... He's getting money from the HOA's so he will keep killing it.
How is it you you know that or, are you guessing?
WB2KSP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 05:54:24 AM »

Will never pass because Bill Nelson said he will table it once again.He's getting money from the HOA's so he will keep killing it.The best advice is don't move into an HOA & then sign that contract & want someone else too fix your mistake.It's nobody's fault but those who choose these Communist Communities yet they want money wasted fighting for their lack of common sense? The ARRL has no power much like the Toothless bunch at the FCC.  Shocked

Clayton
W4KVW

Fine, I don't live in an HOA neighborhood. Please tell me where I can find a home in most states that has been built within the past 15 years and also has access to high speed internet which isn't in an HOA? The answer isn't buy something old or move into the woods.
K7JQ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 06:52:45 AM »

Clayton
W4KVW

A person with lack of common sense is one who criticizes others for their personal choice of where they want or have to live, for various reasons. Believe it or not, sometimes ham radio is not the overriding factor.
K3LRH

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 07:14:20 AM »

...naysayers, a dime a dozen.
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 02:36:47 PM »

...naysayers, a dime a dozen.
OTOH:
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 05:59:17 PM »

Clayton
W4KVW

Fine, I don't live in an HOA neighborhood. Please tell me where I can find a home in most states that has been built within the past 15 years and also has access to high speed internet which isn't in an HOA? The answer isn't buy something old or move into the woods.
   Just build a new one!  It's often cheaper to buy your own land and put up a modular home, than to purchase one from a builder!!
KF7CG

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 04:49:17 AM »

Clayton
W4KVW
I am now seeing more and more instances of even 5 acre building lots with no antenna provisions. You would think that antennas spread the plague or something

kf7cg
   Just build a new one!  It's often cheaper to buy your own land and put up a modular home, than to purchase one from a builder!!
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 05:49:37 AM »

More requirements = fewer choices.
Fewer requirements = more choices.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: