Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chip Shot Countries You Need.....  (Read 586 times)
K3NRX

Ignore
« on: May 22, 2009, 06:44:55 AM »

What are they for you? For me, It's Malpelo HK0M, and St.Pete/Paul Rocks PY0S....And maybe we can hear from our EU friends and friends from other parts of the world too, not just we North Americans.  I would imagine most of you (in NA) need Navassa KP1?  Snagged that way back in '88 and again in '92!...:0D Sorry...Let's hear it, what countries do you need that are less than 2000 miles from you???  

VP
KA3NRX

WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 07:10:07 AM »

I have XF4DL (Revillagigedo) on every band except 12 meters. Sure would be nice to get them on 12 next time.

73 de Lindy
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 08:47:01 AM »

Navassa, Malpelo and San Felix for all-time New Ones. Could still use band-fills for a bunch of close-by ones, especially Sable Island (still need them on 4 bands) and 10 and 160 to St. Paul. 10m for St. Barts, Clipperton, Desecheo and probably a couple of others down there.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 11:34:21 AM »

Malpelo, Kingman, Navassa, Auckland/Campbell, South Sandwich, Mt. Athos. These are all in areas of the world where I have easily QSO-ed - regardless of sunspot cycle.

These would get me to Honor Roll.

Besides Iran, the rest that I need are harder - and are uninhabited islands in the south seas . . .
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 01:18:18 PM »

The Canal Zone would be a nice one.
:-)
Bob
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 05:51:15 PM »

KY6R says: Auckland/Campbell, South Sandwich, Mt. Athos, Iran,uninhabited islands in the south seas . . .

REPLY: Yes, but are those countries chip shots???...I think they are much further from you than 1500 miles.
W7ETA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 07:17:46 PM »

HK0M, XF4, The Rocks, KH7, KP1, and even KG4 are FUN to chase.

Since they aren't long haul, even hams with modest set ups can effectively compete in pile those ups.

Bob
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 07:41:24 PM »

Anything in the Pacific is a piece of cake - any part of the sunspot cycle - regardless of mileage. EU is pretty easy - but not as easy as the Pacific. Africa, the Middle East and the Indian ocean - are the only area's that are not chip shots.

The only serious efforts that I will have to make will be for Glorioso and Iran. South Sandwich would be easy - I've worked everything around it with wire antennas and no amp during just about all parts of the cycle(s). Mt. Athos will be very difficult because of the competition from EU and the US East Coast.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 10:21:46 AM »

I chase 60 meter DX where even Canada is rare. Just got 4U1UN two weeks ago. They were actually quite weak. Only about 55 Qs have been made on 60 from the UN building in the past few years.

Easy to forget France's only colony in North America, FP8, a few miles off Canada.

Trivia: site of North America's only execution by guillotine, in 1889.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: