The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let your child operate CW on air without a license  (Read 7676 times)
K7KBN

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »

Here in Switzerland it's illegal to let any unlicensed person to operate your rig, unless for a public event but then you need to notify the autorities 2 weeks prior.

Quite promising is All transmitters 26.957–27.283MHz 1 W yes that is one Mega Milli Watt of Power!!!!

I wish my QRP rig had five of those mega-milliwatts, but unfortunately it only has kilo-milliwatts.  Wink

You mean "mega-microwatts?"  Grin

Pat K7KBN
CWO4 USNR Ret.
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2017, 04:54:06 AM »

Here in Switzerland it's illegal to let any unlicensed person to operate your rig, unless for a public event but then you need to notify the autorities 2 weeks prior.

Quite promising is All transmitters 26.957–27.283MHz 1 W yes that is one Mega Milli Watt of Power!!!!

I wish my QRP rig had five of those mega-milliwatts, but unfortunately it only has kilo-milliwatts.  Wink

You mean "mega-microwatts?"  Grin

Yes indeed! And now I ordered a 5 GIGA nW transmitter!!! And I plan to save up money for a 5 Terra pW amplifier! Imagine how big my signal is going to be with that amazing TX, it's called a QCX and is now all the rage, a real game changer I suspect, although sadly the receive current level is also MASSIVE, it's around 150 kilo mA. When I have those Terra pWatts, I'm going to be a real terror on the bands! You'll all be grateful I have the callsign VK5EEE and not VK5HHH or VK0OOO, VK1JJJ or even worse. The splatter is going to be incredible. Because when you look at this little thing it is obvious it is not going to be very stable at such high power levels!

http://qrp-labs.com/qcx.html

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
K5CQB

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2017, 10:54:48 AM »

I keep a MFJ straight key with the speaker around for the nieces and nephews to play with. They love it.
W3TTT

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »

I don't know how active they are these days, but these Part 15 hobbyists are called LOWFERS (160-190kHz), MEDFERS (AM broadcast, usually on 1610-1700 kHz), and HIFERS (13560 ± 7 kHz). 

Thanks for the info on lowfers, medfers, and hifers.  A quick Google search on these terms (unique terms!) gives a lot of great info.  I like reading about the different aspects of the radio hobby.  I would get involved in some of these aspects, but hey, I only have so little time with so much to do (where have I heard that before?) But it's great to see what others can do. 
Joe
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: