The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need longer Signal Link Radio Cable  (Read 2187 times)
W0XX

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »

Looking for a longer Signal Link to FT-1000MP series radio cable.  Tigertronics doesn't make one and mine is a bit short for where I have to run it.
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 04:12:38 PM »

Or something I can use as a jumper...
KC9NVP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 05:39:06 PM »

Not sure of your ability to make/build things, but will ask.

Would you be able to identify the connector pin out (ohm out the cable) to determine what the lay out of the existing cable?  With this information you should be able to make/build your own cable at the length you need.

David
WA9AFM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 08:15:32 PM »

Use an RJ-45 junction and an extension CAT-5 w/ RJ-45 connectors.  Works fine; I've used this methods on several occassions
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 04:10:08 AM »

Doesn't use that type of cable.  Radio end is 5 pin Din (per Tigertronics have to use the Packet Jack on the back) and the other goes to the Signal link and not sure what they call that jack..

Will look into pin to pin 5 Pin DIN M/F - that might be the resolution.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 04:18:18 AM by W9BKR » Logged
VE3TMT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 10:38:53 AM »

Doesn't use that type of cable.  Radio end is 5 pin Din (per Tigertronics have to use the Packet Jack on the back) and the other goes to the Signal link and not sure what they call that jack..

Will look into pin to pin 5 Pin DIN M/F - that might be the resolution.

If you are referring to the jack marked "RADIO" on the rear of the Signalink, that looks like a standard 8-pin CAT5 ethernet jack. The packet jack on the rear of the MP is a standard 5-pin DIN jack. Should be a simple matter to find out which pins on each end are connected, or am I missing something?
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 12:40:20 PM »

Yeah, I could make one, but my eyesight isn't trustworthy on that minature stuff.  Found a 5 Pin Din (Pin to Pin) cable (M/F) and will try that.  With the FT-1000 series you have to use the packet jack.  Eventually, I am going to transition to FSK, which I prefer.
VE3TMT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 12:45:34 PM »

Yeah, I could make one, but my eyesight isn't trustworthy on that minature stuff.  Found a 5 Pin Din (Pin to Pin) cable (M/F) and will try that.  With the FT-1000 series you have to use the packet jack.  Eventually, I am going to transition to FSK, which I prefer.

If I wasn't so far away, I'd build one for you!
WA9AFM

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 01:46:22 PM »

....as mentioned, insert a standard Cat5 cable w/ coupler to the Signalink's 'Radio' connector.  It's a standard RJ-45 connector.  Plug the RJ-45 connector on the OEM cable into the coupler.  No need to hunt down a 5-pin DIN.
KB2WVO

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 04:37:13 PM »

cat 5 coupler..
https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-RJ45F-Straight-Modular-Coupler/dp/B00004Z5KZ

then any X footage of cat5 or network cable if u wanna call it that.. u need to xtend it.. simple deal.. dont worry the radio side..
its all done on the Slink side as stated a few times already... ... simple easy done..

wally world might have both needed.. or staples or something like that ..
W6IR

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 08:51:17 AM »

Couldn't you just buy a long USB cable to connect the SignaLink to the computer?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: