Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaking Of Sporadic-E...  (Read 372 times)
AC5UP

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2009, 04:21:28 PM »

The past few weeks have been lively on Six in my part of the world and this evening I caught an interesting bit of video on Channel Two... CTV newscast from CHBX in Sault St. Marie.

Canada will be going DTV in August so this is a limited time offer. If you have a rooftop antenna it might be amusing to hang it on a spare TV and scan through the VHF low band allocation (2 through 6) just to see what you see when Six is open.

At the moment in Tulsa my TV is slugging it out between three signals... The Canadian station, a PBS affil that might be in Arkansas (DTV infoblurb), and a Spanish station broadcasting normal programming. For all I know I copied Canada and Mexico on the same opening.

Very choppy reception and the only one I'm sure of is CHBX as I caught bits & pieces of the local news & weather. That helped narrow it down and Wikipedia filled me in on which CTV stations are on channel two... Somebody at CTV has a TV-SWL e-mail waiting for them. Wink

Never change a password on a Friday                
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: