The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes you the most reluctant to answer a CQ?  (Read 3583 times)
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2017, 07:48:26 PM »

A few times, I answered (at my 12 wpm) a CQ sent at say 30 wpm, but received no reply
Maybe they were using a decoder and it could not tune in quick enough to the lower speed. More likely: they were just an a** those exist among radio amateurs too. Some, perhaps many, won't answer, or dislike answering, a response to their CQ that is less than armchair copy due to QSB, QRM etc.

Some, are just psychopaths, 4% of the population exist among hams too!

What makes you reluctant to take a reply to your CW CQ?   Huh

ONLY ONE type of answer doesn't get a follow through from me and results in me putting out another CQ: when the caller simply sends their call sign without sending mine. It's explained at the top of my QRZ page, not that they should read it.

And when would you decide you don't want to operate at 12-18 wpm and just turn the big knob?
Almost never. Perhaps if I had to head out the door within a few minutes. But if they are answering my CQ I would not simply ignore them. I'd respond at QRS.

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2017, 06:35:28 AM »

What Caribbean beacon please, frequency and callsign? 73

The callsign is HP1AVS in Panama.

Frequency is 18.096800MHz. Use a 500 Hz filter.

24 hours.

Kraus

KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2017, 02:55:59 AM »

Herr VK5EEE de KC4ZGP

I'm on 10.103MHz right now, 0955UTC.

I'm calling CQ your direction.

Come in Australia.

Kraus
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2017, 04:48:11 AM »

Herr VK5EEE de KC4ZGP

I'm on 10.103MHz right now, 0955UTC.

I'm calling CQ your direction.

Come in Australia.

Kraus
Sorry OM! Local QRM S7, Over the Horizon Radar S9+, SSB S8... impossible. It's often quite bad local evenings here. Additional to this, my antenna has a null of around 2 or more S points to Western USA and Canada, less to the east, and South East may fair better though. I do OK to Europe which is the intended direction. I need to find an antenna for USA. Cannot as yet easily orient a dipole your way. Plus we have severe restrictions in Australia. We have to be eternally grateful that we are allowed to put up ANY antenna and we are constantly reminded of this by the authorities, and by fellow radio amateurs who were cooked slowly like frogs since long ago and did not taste the freedom of Africa and Asia.

I may try a vertical, I should be allowed that antenna, though noise may be an issue. Give me some time to try to sort this out. I do manage QSO to USA on 20/30/40m but always they have a big beam up at a big height.

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: