The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bug Net  (Read 1202 times)
VK5EEE

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2017, 09:05:56 AM »

There is no bug net. There was one in Russia it seems but no longer active. We have great Side Swiper Nets. How about some bug nets? Maybe a bug center of activity like there is SKCC around various frequencies, how about a bug area or net? Where we can let those dits fly, defy the RBN, and give the thumb to the 1:3 ratio :-)

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
K0UA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 09:47:59 AM »

I am stocking up on Raid!.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 09:55:35 AM by K0UA » Logged
KE6EE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 01:38:20 PM »

Since I like to side swipe as well as do bug, I listened for several weeks to a Sideswiper Net.

I don't want to disparage them, but even the fist of the NCS I heard was poor. Mine is far from perfect but I think it is, at best, easy to copy.

No doubt SKCC is a good bet for a bug net. Actually I think a good bug net would provide for some feedback on one's bug sound. I recently got feedback from a regular CW op who pointed out that the dits on the bug I was using and had just restored, were a bit short and choppy.

A small adjustment took care of it.

A bunch of bug ops who are capable of being self-critical might also learn to appreciate better the
subtle rhythmic improvisations that can make bugs sound so sweet at the same time as being crystal clear.
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 03:56:57 PM »

No KE6EE that isn't the idea of a bug net :-) that's an idea for a "want to send official international perfect CW on a bug? Net"

Not everyone likes wine, and you can't tell wine makers to make the wine taste like grape juice.
Not everyone likes soul music, and you can't tell a soul singer to make their music sound like techno.

I don't know what you'd think if MY bug styles and cootie styles, you may or may not like them. But I have no issue with any of the sounds on Side Swiper net. Sure, I come across those that I think, wow, that's great, but all to me are fun and enjoyable.

The "Culture of the Bug" that you mentioned earlier, I don't think you get it ;-) but anyway, this is not for the discussion in this thread, anyone can open a new thread on "taming those bugs" but this thread, is for those who'd be interested in a Bug Net for those who ALREADY enjoy most types of bug sending, rather than an education, training, criticism, taming or competition one. A simple Bug Net.

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
KE6EE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 04:13:50 PM »

No KE6EE that isn't the idea of a bug net :-) that's an idea for a "want to send official international perfect CW on a bug? Net"

Certainly not what I intended to say.

Rather than demanding "perfection" whatever that is, I was thinking of aesthetic feedback, that is useful feedback, on the sound of an op's bug fist.

It could be positive or negative feedback or both or neither or humorous.

As for perfect code, I don't think it comes from automated character and spacing generation. The definition of standards for character ratios, etc. came about as compromise. Perfect code
means to me clearly and perfectly understandable.
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 04:39:03 AM »

Yes but the horse has been flogged endlessly in different ways. Jamaicans are not understood by Oxford English, but Oxord English is understood by Jamaicans. It does not make Jamaican wrong. We can we say we don't like Guaguin's art, Hundertwassers art, or abOriginal Dot art, or we can say we like all three or more. So I'm not asking for a net (unheard of outside of CW practice/mentoring nets) for any feedback on fists whatsoever. Quite simple, a Bug Net where bug users (full time or part time) will be able to QSO OTHER bug users. Nothing more. There are side swiper nets, and someone took a side swipe at the net control here on forum because it wasn't to their personal liking, but on the net itself we enjoy all fists and all are welcome. So, same for bug. Only I think only those using bugs would be intended to be on the net, others can listen, writhe in agony, pray for help and sustenance, get out the bug spray, or even admire and wish they had a bug to join in with.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: