The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is the most prolific CQer? Check YOUR rank!  (Read 5884 times)
G4LNA

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2017, 09:40:09 AM »

Thanks for the explanation Fabian, that makes sense now, I do tend to put a couple of CQ's out, then if I don't get a reply I'll go and do something more useful, then come back an hour or two later and do the same thing and I do have a strong signal around Europe, I regularly get 30-50 spots on 40M.

Incidentally, you always give me a nice strong signal when I work you.

VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2017, 10:37:04 AM »

Phew  Smiley I was worried that I'd spent THAT much time calling CQ!  And I guess it's confirmed RBN doesn't just spot CQ and TEST any more but call signs? Preceded by "DE" or all call signs heard (more than once)?

I wish I could hear Fabian down here with a strong signal Paul! I wish I could hear you and thousands of other Europeans with strong signals (and not just _shall_not_be_named_ with 10kW and 7ele)  Grin

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
G4LNA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 01:30:33 PM »

VK4CT certainly has good ears, I don't think the band is in good condition this evening, but he heard me.

KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2017, 11:36:14 AM »

My rank is 53119... I do work a lot of CW but I mostly answer CQ's / chase DX / etc.

What is interesting is that it picked up most of my CQ's on 160m...
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 03:34:34 PM »

I'm not sure I understand what the most prolific CQer is.  Check YOUR rank. By God it has to mean something.  Do you folks have a wife, hooker, Harley or anything else other than this to do?  Anyway enjoy yourself and have fun.  Damn I still can't figure it out.     
VK3MEG

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2017, 06:47:05 PM »

happy with my result not surprises i cq a bit on 10m  so its grabbed it at least i'm practicing 

8042   162   0.4   VK3MEG
thx for the data Lou and Fabian. ( i know Lou only promoted it)
K3LI

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 06:18:08 PM »

Hmm seems completely bogus list.  I never ever call  CQ. I just search and pounch. 

Shows me ranked at 44164 with 24 hours of CQ calling.  Bogus as can be.
M0LEP

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 11:31:47 AM »

There was a similar discussion about unexpected spots on RBN on the SOTA reflector recently. Apparently the CWSkimmer software that feeds spots to RBN looks for "DE <call>", which means that if you respond to a caller using "DE <call>" then it may interpret that as you calling on the frequency. My guess is that there's a bit more to it than that, but obviously the effect is to generate spots incorrectly suggesting that you are calling CQ...
DJ1YFK

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2017, 01:44:59 PM »

Hmm seems completely bogus list.  I never ever call  CQ. I just search and pounch.  

Shows me ranked at 44164 with 24 hours of CQ calling.  Bogus as can be.

The list ist 100% accurate, but the RBN/CWSkimmer is not.

A quick look at your stats (https://foc.dj1yfk.de/activity/K3LI) shows that most of the spots of the last year occured during the CQWW CW, ARRL DX CW and CQ WPX CW contests. Without further looking into the data (e.g. matching up times and frequencies), I am sure that these are "busted" spots for K3LR (a contest station that took part in those 3 contests and produced tens of thousands of RBN spots while doing so).

Also note that n hours with at least one RBN spot does not mean n hours of CQing. A well-timed CQ call at 09:59:30 UTC may give you some spots at 09:59 and some at 10:00, resulting in two active (clock) hours.

The problem mentioned by M0LEP exists indeed. Most CWSkimmers feeding data into the RBN are set up only to pick up CQ calls, but from the perspective of a dumb CW decoder, it is not always obvious who's CQing. Easy example (in a contest):

STN1: TEST DJ1YFK DJ1YFK TEST
STN2: DL1A DL1A
STN1: TEST DJ1YFK DJ1YFK (didn't hear DL1A).

Now if the CW Skimmer, thanks to QSB and QRM only picked up the middle part of that ("TEST DL1A DL1A TEST"), and both stations were sending with reasonably well aligned frequencies and speeds, the CWSkimmer will produce a spot for DL1A.

So, everything can be explained. The stats are only as good as the source data, and one should be careful to draw quick conclusions from it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 01:48:19 PM by DJ1YFK » Logged

N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2017, 04:30:33 PM »

Yesterday I had my autokeyer call CQ for 22 1/2 minutes.  Where does this place me in the rank?
Art
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: