The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ft101e giving me the blang band switch near tank coil. Cant neutralize tubes  (Read 5335 times)
KG7HVR

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2017, 02:13:47 PM »

A picture really is worth a thousand words. That's as bad or worse than the wafer switch in the DX-35 I was restoring. It doesn't take much voltage to arc when its like that. This is one of the better articles I have found on neutralization.

http://www.w8ji.com/neutralizing__amplifier.htm
ill check it out now. Also on 10 meters my yaesu freq display is way off . So i noticed usb and lsb are in different spots.  On 28.400 it was really on 28.405 usb and switch to lsb it was 28.403 and am was the same. Shouldn't it be pretty close to where I don't have to adjust the calibrator all crazy on my frequency display when switching from 40 to 10 meters? And shouldn't the frequency stay the same no matter what mode I'm in?
KG7HVR

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2017, 04:34:13 PM »

New problem.. bias changes from bands. I set it on 40 for 60ma then go to 10 its fine. Later I check and its 110ma on 10
HAMHOCK75

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2017, 05:00:51 PM »

To answer the first question. USB, LSB, and CW/AM should result in carrier frequencies in different places. Remember there are separate crystals for USB, LSB, and CW/AM at 3178.5, 3181.5, and 3179.3 KHz, respectively.

If you were to look at your signal on a spectrum analyzer, you would see see your CW/AM carrier at let's just say 28.4 MHz, then if you switch to USB, the suppressed carrier will be 0.8 KHz lower, and LSB, the carrier will be 2.2 KHz higher. This is easy to see on an analyzer because the carrier suppression is only about 50 dB which is well withing the dynamic range of most analyzers.

You might clean the bias pot on the reg/cal board. These pots do get dirty.
KG7HVR

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2017, 05:05:44 PM »

To answer the first question. USB, LSB, and CW/AM should result in carrier frequencies in different places. Remember there are separate crystals for USB, LSB, and CW/AM at 3178.5, 3181.5, and 3179.3 KHz, respectively.

If you were to look at your signal on a spectrum analyzer, you would see see your CW/AM carrier at let's just say 28.4 MHz, then if you switch to USB, the suppressed carrier will be 0.8 KHz lower, and LSB, the carrier will be 2.2 KHz higher. This is easy to see on an analyzer because the carrier suppression is only about 50 dB which is well withing the dynamic range of most analyzers.

You might clean the bias pot on the reg/cal board. These pots do get dirty.
ok so what im seeing the bias was high when cold .i turned it down then it got low after 15 20 mins down to 20ma from 60ma i moved the bias back and forth yesterday but ill clean it once I get something at the store.  I don't have any deoxit
KG7HVR

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2017, 03:39:32 PM »

Thanks everyone for your help. It's alive!
It works very well now... no issue
AC2EU

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2017, 06:52:18 PM »

Thanks everyone for your help. It's alive!
It works very well now... no issue

Good job! Enjoy!

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: