The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N1MM+ and Winkeyer WKUSB  (Read 2694 times)
K0WA

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2017, 07:39:25 PM »

I am exploring SO2R and have a question about N1MM+ and WKUSB Keyer (Winkeyer)  There are two ports or outputs on the keyer, and you would think one would go to radio 1 and the other to radio 2.  But, I can't seem to find the magic solution in N1MM+.  I've read about everything I can find, but the solution (if there is one) escapes me.

Anyone have some thoughts.

Lee
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:24:40 AM »

I am exploring SO2R and have a question about N1MM+ and WKUSB Keyer (Winkeyer)  There are two ports or outputs on the keyer, and you would think one would go to radio 1 and the other to radio 2.  But, I can't seem to find the magic solution in N1MM+.  I've read about everything I can find, but the solution (if there is one) escapes me.

Yes, one set goes to radio 1 and the other set goes to radio 2.

In N1MM+ notes I think you want to use the bottom option:

9.2. Winkeyer and WinkeyerUSB keying
When operating SO2R, and using Winkeyer, the Radio Nr in the Winkeyer COM port configuration must be set to Both.

When operating SO2R, and using a single Winkeyer port for keying and PTT, the Radio Nr in the Winkeyer COM port configuration must be set to Both. This configuration will require an external box to switch the keying line between the two radios. The external box can be controlled using LPT pin 14.

When operating SO2R and using Winkeyer's 2nd CW and PTT Outputs (available in later models), the Radio Nr in the Winkeyer COM port configuration must be set to Both.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:36:56 AM by N3QE » Logged
N3HEE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 09:20:41 AM »

Correct.  I run SO2R and use N1MM+ and Winkeyer USB and it works very well.

Joe
N3HEE
CW Academy Advisor (Level II)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: