The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FTDX3000 new main firmware V01 23 seems busted dont use it!  (Read 7460 times)
KE2TR

Ignore
« on: September 13, 2017, 10:06:10 AM »

Like a knucklehead I had to install the latest firmware on my FTDX 3000 yesterday, it was something about the 5Mhz band well all I can say don't do it! Now I have a radio that band changing is all screwed up no mater what you do, have been on the phone with Yaesu USA to try and get an older copy of the V01 22 Main firmware but they seem reluctant to get it from Yaesu in Japan. I hope this radio doesn't have to make a trip back to California from LI NY just before the fall contest/DX season starts cause that will really piss me off. I have downloaded earlier versions of all the upgrades since 2013 with zero issue but after I did that I always seem to clean files off my computer that I don't need so now I feel stupid, if you have the old files save them to either a disk or stick and PLEASE DON"T USE THERE V01 23 Firmware on you radio, leave it alone and in the words of John Lennon  LET IT BE.
KE2TR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 02:44:26 PM »

There also having problems with the firmware for the FT991A for 5Mhz as well, maybe the engineer in Japan had too much rice wine with his sushi the night before. Still no V0122 from Yaesu USA, I get the feeling that Yaesu Japan doesn't want to admit to issues. Were I come from if a customer who has issues the best way is to resolve them not drag it out. I wish I didn't trash the old firmware but in there instructions they say to remove older firmware from your computer so there is no conflict with the new, never again.
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 12:38:46 PM »

Oh dear, goodness.

Ahhh, the joys of the latest "cleverness" in your typical contemporary radio. 
W6IR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 04:21:24 PM »

If you need a prior version drop me an email. I'm a hoarder by nature and have all the versions since I bought the rig 3 yrs ago. BTW, I haven't seen any issues with the upgrade but I don't button push. I use HRD for rig control.

Hank
KE2TR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 06:21:51 PM »

It had taken 3 day for Yaesu Japan to give the USA branch the old firmware but finally got it and the radio is back on line with V0122. I would like to thank all the fellow hams who had reached out to help, it just re affirms that that ole ham radio spirit is alive and well even in these times.
Thank you again.
best 73's
Jim
KE2TR
K6BRN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »

Soooo... what problem does the new firmware cause, specifically?  I was just about to upgrade the firmware on mine.

Brian - K6BRN
KE2TR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 07:13:50 AM »

I did not change bands at all like before, press 1.8 and it came up 3.7 press14 and it came up 18.1, press 50mhz and it would come up 28.6. I now have a copy of V0122 and may or may not try the upgrade again, I don't really op the 5mhz bands so the V0123 only effects those bands. I would like to see Yaesu a little more active in up grading other area's of there firmware then the 5Mhz band like the DSP NR or NB sections, more bandwidth stops on SSB with the width control, change the notch control setting so you do not have to turn the dickens out of it to get results. The list goes on but some key features could use some improvement, but I did add a back up radio to the station and IC 7300 and will see how that fares next to the 3000.
K6BRN

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 10:59:38 AM »

Wow!  That's more than just a little bug!  Hope you get your radio back in working order.

Brian - K6BRN
KE2TR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 07:36:23 PM »

Yaesu did get me the main version firmware for V0122 which when downloaded brought my 3000 back to normal, at this time I will leave well enough alone.
TNX
Jim
DL8OV

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 12:58:34 AM »

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain. "

Commander Montgomery Scott
K3LI

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 05:37:54 PM »

Seen this when the a panel cpu fails to update or isnt updated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: