The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QSL Cards Printed from LoTW / ADIF File?  (Read 673 times)
KD4UBM

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2017, 05:39:26 AM »

Hi,

I have several hundred QSL's in LoTW. I would like to create QSL cards to mail to all the ham's I've contacted. Is there a service where you can upload an ADIF file with your QSL's and they will automatically print QSL cards and mail them to the ham directly or to the ham's QSL manager?

I realize this wouldn't be a cheap service given the cost of printing and mailing, but I figured I'd ask to see if something like these exists.

Thanks,
John
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 05:52:55 AM »

Hi,

I have several hundred QSL's in LoTW. I would like to create QSL cards to mail to all the ham's I've contacted. Is there a service where you can upload an ADIF file with your QSL's and they will automatically print QSL cards and mail them to the ham directly or to the ham's QSL manager?

I realize this wouldn't be a cheap service given the cost of printing and mailing, but I figured I'd ask to see if something like these exists.

Thanks,
John
Global QSL will create cards from your ADIF file and they distribute them via the appropriate bureaus.  See their website for more information.
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 11:02:14 AM »

Hi,

Thanks,
John
Global QSL will create cards from your ADIF file and they distribute them via the appropriate bureaus.  See their website for more information.

Global QSL is a great service, but since it sends to bureaus, stateside ops can't use it to send cards to other stateside ops.
KD4UBM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 07:24:22 PM »

Thank you. Is there any service that can handle US as well as Worldwide QSL's?

I'm looking for a turnkey service where I upload an ADIF give them my credit card and know that it's done.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 07:52:56 PM »

It's great that you're working with ADIF's.

A popular software tool for printing sticker sheets with QSL information from ADIF's, is called "BV". http://www.df3cb.com/bv/news.php

I don't know of any QSL printing and mailing service for domestic cards. I'm sure you could find a QSL manager that could do all this for you for a charge, but small-time domestic stations are not usually contracting these duties out to QSL managers.

Sending out hundreds of domestic cards, one for every QSO, is not gonna be cheap. 40 years ago when I was a kid it was common to use postcards and get the cheaper postcard rate, but it's far more common today to send the card in an envelope, and most folks will send a SASE too. Including the postage in the SASE you're up to $1 per paper QSL.

Most folks would figure out what countries or states they already have in LOTW, and choose to only send paper cards (and SASE's if necessary) marked "PSE QSL" for the states or countries they don't already have confirmed. There's software applications that have award management modules, that can import ADIF's and help you identify a more limited QSL strategy.

Don't get me wrong, I love paper QSL cards. But it's not cheap.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:02:23 PM by N3QE » Logged
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 11:29:41 AM »

Thank you. Is there any service that can handle US as well as Worldwide QSL's?

I'm looking for a turnkey service where I upload an ADIF give them my credit card and know that it's done.
Sorry, I don't know of any, on the domestic side.  Global QSL is the only one that I've heard of, and as has been noted, they can't do US domestic cards.  (There may be a loophole on that, since THEY would be considered the QSL manager and the cards are coming from overseas... but then again, there may not.  So it couldn't hurt to inquire of them.)

Check with some of the QSL managers around.  There may be such a service, for a reasonable fee, that doesn't advertise.  

If there isn't... maybe this is a niche that someone could fill.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 11:32:00 AM by W3WN » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: