The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help for Puerto Rico  (Read 1506 times)
WP3C

Ignore
« on: September 24, 2017, 10:48:53 AM »

Hi

I’m asking for help to send a relief to Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico has been devastated by Hurricane Maria. I’m at Fort Worth Texas and with a group of Puerto Ricans we will set up a storage with first aid items to send them to Puerto Rico. We are asking for canned food, triple antibiotic, baby pampers, adult pampers, first aid kits, water, hygiene items, cloth, etc.  Everything we will send it to Puerto Rico. Any help will be well appreciated, you can send things by mail:

5735 Sandshell Circle East #54203
Fort Worth TX 76137

Email: wp3c@aol.com
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 03:27:55 PM »

React is mobilizing to help there.   www.ReactINTL.org   www.ReactTeams.com
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 01:03:04 PM »

Your intentions may be pure but many are not going to take you seriously unless you can prove how you intend to get all the supplies you collect down to PR.  Are you affiliated to some religious group, etc? During times of disaster there are many charlatans who take advantage of the the situation and rip off both the contributors and the needy recipients.  they take funds and goods intended for the relief effort and use them differently such as selling the goods, trading them, etc. but not distributing to those who need it.  Just saying that you may not get one contribution without greater affiliation to an organized relief group. 
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 01:20:19 PM »

Good idea to be cautious QYM.

Ain't had no outward palms at my house yet.

Scams are everywhere.

Kraus
KH6AQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 03:38:01 PM »

For those who prefer to donate to established charities with (we assume) the expertise to gather, ship, and distribute needed items to where they are needed, Rolling Stone magazine recommends Charity Navigator. Financial Performance Metrics as well as Accountability & Transparency Performance Metrics are listed.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=5356

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 03:50:32 PM by KH6AQ » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: