The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Simple Question  (Read 10422 times)
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 08:17:36 PM »

Americans are fat.

Truer words have never been typed.

Americans are SUPER fat. I challenge anyone to visit some non tourist areas in Europe or Japan and take a look around at the average European/Asian. They are skinny as a rail because they don't gorge themselves on the $hit food we consume here.

Sorry, I had to vent about how people treat their body's................Now back to discussing CW.  Smiley

Tom KC0W           
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 10:55:02 PM »

Hahaha Tom I love you brother  Grin

Look, I don't want to make fun of obesity, I am really sorry for those people who are obese and don't WANT to be obese. In the old days I did not know of anyone (few as they were) who WANTED to be Chubby Wobbly (got to keep this topic to CW). But now some people actually wallow in pride in their obesity, and take selfies of themselves with glee. THOSE I don't feel sorry for. But you are right, and not just in America. Australia, the same, I heard Fiji and maybe few others having same problems. People that are SIX TIMES the size of the average Asian. Kumasi market women in Ghana, Africa, are fat by design, but it's not an unhealthy fat (I am told). But they're not half as big as many Aussies and Americans.

The crap food, the super-hyper-markets, the advertising, the sickness industry, the tell-lie-vision are all at fault.

Even those of us who do not LOOK obese, may have fatty livers, too big stomachs, poorly developed muscles and circulation, lack of exercise. But evidently you are setting a good example for us as all that moving around the world from place to place and doing CW, well, that's an awful lot of movement Tom, even if from a hut or hotel to the airport and to the car, it's more movement that most of us do going from car door to supermarket door. And those that do SOTA, actually climbing up damn hills and mountains (!) well, my respects. I am at least THINKING of doing it in future...

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 10:00:52 AM »

EEE:  If only you could dry and sack up the BS you just spewed, you could have enough fertilizer to grow flowers up to your head and plenty left over for your neighbors!

What's more, according to you, I understand that Australians have enough problems without you telling US about ours!   

MXL:
I don't answer if I can't understand their accent

I've never had a problem with someone's accent on CW!  Sorry to hear you do.   Roll Eyes

Perhaps it is OK to discuss my wife's health problems, or my car problems or other dissimilar  questions/problems here on the CW forum?  What the hell's wrong with you people?
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 11:09:59 AM »

AXW,

It is OK to discuss anything here or there or anywhere.

Someone is frizzed because someone discussed something contrary to the title. I think that's how this started.

And how is the wife by the way? Mine is fine. Thank you for asking.

The whole Kraus front in dai-jobo. I chose not to eat breakfast this morning. That makes me a rich person.

Kraus
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:25:59 AM by KC4ZGP » Logged
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2017, 05:46:53 PM »

No Kraus OM according to some Americans it is NOT OK to announce that they are fat and/or trivial at least, not unless you are an American yourself. I didn't think there was any big difference between USA and AUS other than the numbers. Either way criticism is a sensitive issue. You must tell a fat person that they are a "healthy size", and you must follow their exact wishes as to what you can and cannot say. In face no one else has noticed, the former Communist East and Capitalist West have traded sides: now censorship and oppression is in the West and freedom of opinion is in the East.

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 03:55:58 AM »

In face no one else has noticed, the former Communist East and Capitalist West have traded sides: now censorship and oppression is in the West and freedom of opinion is in the East.

Ain't that the truth. There is a website that satirizes exactly that topic, written by a former citizen of the USSR now living in the US:

http://thepeoplescube.com/Mother_Blog.php

PA0KDW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 04:15:05 AM »

In this country a kitchen and a bathroom are  a status symbol.

So some time ago  I heard  a kitchen of 80 thousand Euro was installed. (3 average year salaries in this country) And both earning members of the family have no
time to cook with their jobs, hence they buy prepared meals in the super-market and heat it in the magnetron.

All those meals are prepared for selling over a longer time (more than one day) and contain chemicals to conserve them over a longer time.

The result is that they die early and after that they keep being longer in excellent  condition, as turns out, when after 10 years  the graves are cleared. (General complaint of experienced grave clearers)

Morse code turned out a way to grow rich by communication in stormy weather withthe passed away telegraphists
look at https://lcwo.net/forum/689/Why-are-you-learning-MorseCW
the third post in that thread at 2012-01-02 13:12

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 04:34:07 AM by PA0KDW » Logged
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2017, 04:50:23 AM »

WOW AE5X what a web site! It really "takes the Mickey" as the English would say. "Capitalism turns luxuries into essentials. Communism turns essentials into luxuries" LOL true eh!

WOW PA0KDW how terrible and yet so true. What a terrible existence.

I hope I live long enough to write a book about my Kafkaesque experiences here in Australia but also what has happened before. I think it is rare for someone to be abducted and tortured TWICE several years apart, survive, and then undergo other types of torture having survived twice.

I wonder why I have had to go through all these experiences and shit still happens. Is it because I have a big mouth? In this day and age, you aren't allowed to say what you think, nor even what you know. Children teach their elders. Everything is upside down. The despicables (as opposed to the deplorables) are in control. I hope I live long enough to find out and for things to come right.

Qaddafi's utopian Green Book heralded the Dawn of the Era of the Masses, after the Era of the Republics. But what he did not foresee was the Era of the Idiots. George Orwell foresaw the slogans of this era:

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.
WAR IS PEACE.
SLAVERY IS FREEDOM.

Over the years when I grew up as a "Revolutionary Idealist" believing in noble core values, I would often question which is the priority if one had to choose among them: Truth, Justice, Peace, Right and Freedom. I'm coming to the conclusion that while I have always strongly believed in all these things and that they are essential, the thing that perhaps underpins everything and that we have lost is FREEDOM. If we're not free how can there be Peace and Justice and how can we speak the Truth? If we are not free, there is no Right. Yes Sir, FREEDOM. And that we no longer have in the western world, but those who did not have it before, seem to now have more of it.

If Korea is not free, and I can judge that would appear to be the case by there being no amateur radio licenses, then it can only get better for them. But where we once had freedom, we really do not have it any more. Local Policemen have the right to enter homes on absolutely bogus pretexts that will not stand up in court, idiots given the right to decide for themselves, and at best abuse at worst shoot innocent people. That's the West now. Such things used to be in the East. And so as not to discriminate against dotards the police too must employ a majority of dotards.

N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2017, 01:41:35 PM »

I think folks in other countries have noticed that there are a number of americans that are fatter and unhealthier than those a generation ago.  But that is OK because they generally die sooner and therefore leave more social security for the rest of us.
Art
KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2017, 03:24:46 PM »

Art,

In that case, I'll be a millionaire in about two years. Yes?

Since when does Uncle Sam give us what's rightfully ours. He takes instead.

Kraus
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 09:27:06 PM »

And why aren't all of us around the world allowed to vote in the US elections and allow us to simply become part of the US, but even Puerto Rico gets a bad deal being part of the US but not a full part?! Can I run in the Australian elections on a ticket to make Australia the 54th state of the USA and then just hand over Australia to Trump? Will we then be allowed to vote in the USA elections? And why won't GOP take me off their mailing list, which assumes everyone is inside the USA, even though I keep clicking the unsubscribe link and am told I'm unsubscribed? Now that Trump has not kept his promises for the reasons I voted for him, I unsubscribed, even though my vote was in an Australian election ballot box and I wrote his name on it, along with Michael Jackson and Fidel Castro, as 2nd and 3rd options, and I believe I put down Muammar Qaddafi too in case he is still alive, along with 1 million other Australians who thus had their votes registered as "invalid" -- and we were forced to use PENCIL -- pens, indelible ink is not allowed! Wouldn't it just be simpler to annex Australia and allow us to vote on US ballot papers, assuming you have metal boxes (unlike paper boxes here) and are allowed to use pens and cannot go from poll booth to poll booth casting multiple pencil votes into paper boxes? Surely that'd solve many problems?!

W3TTT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2017, 10:08:46 PM »

On 1.815MHz, Morse, 2200UTC. Won't you join me?

Kraus
Yes I will.  I just put up a new antenna.  This one replaces the previous.  The previous antenna was an inverted vee with 66 foot legs.  The new one is an inverted vee with 100 foot legs.  I can just about tune it with my MFJ tuner on the 160 meter band.  Let's meet!  Hope you can QRS for me. Grin
Joe W3TTT
W3TTT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2017, 10:12:05 PM »

I just "ignored" a couple of stations on this list.  Too bad.  I wish that people would keep to the topic, at least.  Some of the above discussion was not called for.  You know who you are.  If you (the offending stations) want me to un-ignore you, then contact me directly.
Joe W3TTT
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 02:52:34 AM »

If I've been ignored of course I'm quite happy with that, why would I want to be unignored for free speech on an internet forum? Roll Eyes

KC4ZGP

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 05:56:07 AM »

On 1.815MHz, Morse, 2200UTC. Won't you join me?

Kraus
Yes I will.  I just put up a new antenna.  This one replaces the previous.  The previous antenna was an inverted vee with 66 foot legs.  The new one is an inverted vee with 100 foot legs.  I can just about tune it with my MFJ tuner on the 160 meter band.  Let's meet!  Hope you can QRS for me. Grin
Joe W3TTT

Joe,

It's Sunday morning 8:55a.m. Georgia time. I just saw your post.

I'll be on 1.815MHz again this evening starting 2200UTC. Let's hook up.

I'll slow down to only 1,00,000 words per microsecond. OK. hi hi

Kraus
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: