About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: E-QSL?  (Read 587 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2009, 08:41:35 AM »

This morning, I finally landed an AllTime New one, an entity that I have actually never heard before. (At least not good enough to attempt the QSO)  OK, I was Ready to zip out a card and SAE, IRC, etc. etc. So, I went to QRZ.com to look up the info. Here is what I found for this station:

"My preferred QSL method is currently eqsl.cc with eQSL AG status. I have no paper cards at present but am a member of the [RSGB] bureau. I will also get LOTW at some time."

I was considering making up a card of sorts FOR him, and sending it along with mine direct to his snail mail address. All he would have to do is "fill in the info in the blank spaces"....  Seems as if I read that method being used somewhere before, and as I need this entity, I hope it will suffice. Anyone ever heard of this, or perhaps actually used it?  Gene
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 12:41:35 PM »

I think what I would do is get his e-qsl, and print it out on card stock on your printer. Send it to him and ask him to sign it. As long as it doesnt say e-qsl somewhere on it I think it should be accepted.

I get a lot of Buro QSL's lately that are printed on card stock from a printer. Most are made out from the computer and not even signed. I got one direct last week from a VK that was printed on regular printer paper.....

I have printed many nicer e-qsls on card stock and put them on the wall along with my snail mail cards. You can not tell they are e-qsls unless it says e-qsl on the card.

Stan K9IUQ
VK4TJF

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 01:38:08 PM »

it does not have to be signed even, many big time operators who do dxpeditions send out printed cards and don't sign them. however the card is unique and collectable and it is very easy to know the eQSL card from an actual qsl card. For an ARRL award they do not accept eqsl only lotw. however there are many awards that do support eqsl. just depends what your after. if your trying for the arrl dxcc then don't waste your time printing off an eqsl, any dxcc checker worth thier salt will reject it in a heartbeat.
W4YA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »

Seems as if I read that method being used somewhere before, and as I need this entity, I hope it will suffice.

ARRL will accept a signed card that you prepare. Something like:

"I confirm this QSO ___________________"

Include $$ for return postage. The best method is an SASE with his country's stamps. These are available from several good sources.

The easier you make it for him, the better are your chances that he will respond.
W4YA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 02:45:09 PM »

Seems as if I read that method being used somewhere before, and as I need this entity, I hope it will suffice.

ARRL will accept a signed card that you prepare. Something like:

"I confirm this QSO ___________________"

Include $$ for return postage. The best method is an SASE with his country's stamps. These are available from several good sources.

The easier you make it for him, the better are your chances that he will respond.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 04:41:26 PM »

Thanks for the replys/hints. I think I will go ahead and make up a card for him, with his info, and include a space for him to confirm/authenticate the card. Of course, I will send the usual SAE and IRC or GS along with my card. As I said, this is an entity that I was not able to hear, much less work before, and if it works out, its number 267 in the log for me. 73, Gene
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: