The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An amazing ham radio Zastone D9000 I have experienced.  (Read 3435 times)
K3CB6

Ignore
« on: October 20, 2017, 02:15:02 AM »

I bought a Zastone D9000 several months ago. It is good at VHF and UHF transmit. And the voice is nice. But the only thing made me upset is that the screen was shacking all the time. So I can’t see anything. It is not a good experience. Disappointed.

And couple months later , the Zastone seller told me that they made some update. After I had checking “Zastone D9000” on internet I found there are so many videos & information there especially on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-MEzGYo0DQ. It seems that it indeed make difference. From the connectors connecting, APRS function, the LCD screen display and signals& receiving range. Ok. My heart is catch again. So I try to believe they one more time and bought a update version.

Also, I did some test and uncoupled it to check the reality.

For ham radio, the frequency of 136~174Mhz/400~520MHz(TX/RX) is workable.
For Channel spacing, the three modes, wide、middle and narrow is workable as the specifications showed.But 200-260MHz, it doesn’t work at all. After checking, I was told that the range is indeed on testing.

I thought it is not enough. Let’s see what happened after I uncouple it. 

1.This machine have changed the 6-connector socket to the 8-connector socket and realized the APRS function. (I was told that APRS is only done in hardware. Need time to update software.)

2.Optimizing the VHF parameters on the main board. (That means can receive VHF from one side and put UHF out from the other side.)

3.It is work well in degradation testing of the LCD plate in high and low temperature(-10℃~+50℃). (Not bad, better than before. And the screen is work well now.)

4.Longer receiving range and clearer signals than before. The reality range in crowd city is 12.2km.

It is a basic test by myself. Does some one else get this ham radio and some professional advice? Welcome to send and discuss with me.
N6YFM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 01:56:01 PM »

I have a hard time understanding why a radio is amazing if the hardware & software is not complete,
and if the updates only made it work " not bad" and "better than before" ?  What is "amazing" here?   
There is no information in this post to make anyone think, for example, that this radio would even be
equal to, let alone better than, a Kenwood TH-D710 APRS/TNC dual-band mobile, for example.   

Also, maybe my grasp of English is weak, can you please help me understand what you
mean when you say "uncoupled it to check the reality"?  [Do you work for the Trump White House?]

But then I noticed your invalid callsign, and realized that this is nothing more than
an advertising post, loosly translated from some other language.

So yes, this POST is Amazing :-)   Tongue Grin
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 03:15:40 PM »

Also, maybe my grasp of English is weak, can you please help me understand what you
mean when you say "uncoupled it to check the reality"?  [Do you work for the Trump White House?]

From your QRZ page and being from California your poor understanding of English is rather expected.

ABOUT ME:

Novice KC6HQL in 1989
Technician N6YFM in 1990
General Class N6YFM in 2015
​Extra Class  N6YFM in Oct 2017

I have spent my entire 59 years up and down Santa Monica Bay near West Los Angeles, California, USA.

I grew up in Pacific Palisades, Ca, USA near the northern end of Santa Monica Bay, and currently live near the Southern end of Santa Monica Bay.

Also we dont want your retarded political comments on here.

Since English is not the OP's native language I think he has done OK for starters.
It is too bad you had to belittle and insult him which is likely your normal way considering your lifetime geographic cesspool boundaries and narrow viewpoints.
VE3WGO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 05:11:20 PM »

so, the preceding two posts have both been personal attacks on the poster above each one.  Not good.

Back to the radio, which was posted by an invalid callsign user.  No matter, I agree with N6YFM on two things..  this description sounds as if it is a 3/5 rating in eHam rather than "amazing".  It also sounds like it's almost an ad for the radio.
K6BRN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 05:16:08 PM »

Carl:

I get that you don't like N6YFM's post.   But you bashing an entire state (California) and the people in it is an American bashing America - not so good.

Whatever your politics, remember that we are many peoples made one by our differences - that's our biggest strength.  I

"E pluribus unum" - "Out of many, one"

So please - keep America out of it.

What I like about California:  1.  Incredible High Technology businesses, 2.  Some of the best universities in the nation, 3. The industry and enterprise of everybody I've met since moving here more than 30 years ago, 4.  Biggest economy of any U.S. state and 6th largest in the world as a nation

What I like about YOUR state (New Hampshire):  1.  The state motto - "Live Free or Die".  Unforgettable., 2.  The woods, streams, lakes and wildlife., 3.  Theater (the Palace) in Manchester, N.H., 5.  Excellent and eclectic colleges (Dartmouth, UNH...), 4.  Really low liquor taxes (and much more)

Brian - K6BRN

N6YFM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 09:56:06 PM »

From your QRZ page and being from California your poor understanding of English is rather expected.

Since English is not the OP's native language I think he has done OK for starters.
It is too bad you had to belittle and insult him which is likely your normal way considering your lifetime geographic cesspool boundaries and narrow viewpoints.

Aw, darn Carl:

Since I last pissed you off, getting you to call me a worthless no-code general, I worked very hard to upgrade to Extra,
and also compliment you on your antenna farm, hoping to make friends.    I respect your position, and that we both might
have different political views.  No harm with that.   We are both hams, and both Americans.
We also have amps in common;  I love rebuilding them, but you clearly have more experience and knowledge here,
which I honestly respect and appreciate.

I guess the real sticking point for you might be California (or my personality?).   I can understand that.   No worries.
Most people I meet from the Eastern half tell me they think that Californian's are like breakfast cereal;
once you take away the fruit and nuts, all you have left is flakes.  Or, no-code Surfers!  :-)  Terror the thought!
Me living in a blue state and driving a red car probably pisses off more people than just you.  So you can never tell with me,
red or blue, on alternating days.  (I actually like some of the ideas from both parties, but that might hurt some heads out there)

I was thinking of buying a lot on your street since I have serious Antenna Envy, but don't worry;
I really like California winters a lot better and plan to stay.  BUT,... If you happen to pass through here on a trip sometime,
ring me up and I'll buy you a beer.  Serious, I mean it.  I owe you at least one.

[with regard to retarded political statements;  what do you expect?  I am an engineer, not a politician. :-)
 But then again, most of what is coming out of career politicians this year is, what was that word you used?  A cess-pool.]

By the way, I still have no idea why a no-name, marginally working radio rates "Amazing", but I am welcome
to my opinion, and all others are welcome to theirs.

Cheers,

Neal
N6YFM

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 10:03:21 PM »

Carl:

I get that you don't like N6YFM's post.   But you bashing an entire state (California) and the people in it is an American bashing America - not so good.

Whatever your politics, remember that we are many peoples made one by our differences - that's our biggest strength.  I

So please - keep America out of it.

What I like about California:  1.  Incredible High Technology businesses, 2.  Some of the best universities in the nation, 3. The industry and enterprise of everybody I've met since moving here more than 30 years ago, 4.  Biggest economy of any U.S. state and 6th largest in the world as a nation

What I like about YOUR state (New Hampshire):  1.  The state motto - "Live Free or Die".  Unforgettable., 2.  The woods, streams, lakes and wildlife., 3.  Theater (the Palace) in Manchester, N.H., 5.  Excellent and eclectic colleges (Dartmouth, UNH...), 4.  Really low liquor taxes (and much more)

Brian - K6BRN

Brian, you left out the following positives;

California:    Amazingly mild weather, especially winters.
                   Amazing Craft Beer Breweries.

New Hampshire:     Carl's property.   New Hampshire has room for lot sizes like that.
His property has room for several towers, extra out-buildings for hobbies, shops, storage,
and room for many vehicles.   In California, you are lucky to have room for a 5 x 5 shed,
or one extra car and a camping chair. :-)

K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 04:56:01 PM »

Chill out Nasty Ham. Your attack on him was unwarranted. So Neal doesn't like Trump. More than half the country don't like Trump. Neal's comments was probably retarded because he wanted to make sure you understood him.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ok, like your KM1H comments, that comment was unwarranted. Like Neal, I offer Free Beer...

I thought Neal's rebuttal post to you was quite good and he offered his handshake to you. Take it. Free Beer is good.

I especially like this;

Whatever your politics, remember that we are many peoples made one by our differences - that's our biggest strength.

Brian - K6BRN

In other words Republican or Democrat or whatever. In the end, We are still all Americans...

Stan K9IUQ

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:17:35 PM by K9IUQ » Logged
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2017, 05:18:34 PM »

Chill out Nasty Ham. Your attack on him was unwarranted. So Neal doesn't like Trump. More than half the country don't like Trump. Neal's comments was probably retarded because he wanted to make sure you understood him.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ok, like your KM1H comments, that comment was unwarranted. Like Neal, I offer Free Beer...

I thought Neal's rebuttal post to you was quite good and he offered his handshake to you. Take it. Free Beer is good.

I especially like this;

Whatever your politics, remember that we are many peoples made one by our differences - that's our biggest strength.

Brian - K6BRN

In other words Republican or Democrat or whatever. In the end, We are still all Americans...

Stan K9IUQ

N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 08:25:18 AM »

Thank you Stan!

And the original post by K3CB6 is nothing more than a disguised advertisement.
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 07:52:14 AM »

WOW  !!
W0AEW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 04:45:55 AM »

...it is an American bashing America - not so good.

Hey, it's what we do!
AF6LJ

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 05:17:32 AM »

I've seen these radios, and I am not impressed.
They are a prime example of, "You Get What You Pay For".

Take Care
Sue,
AF6LJ
NEVBEN

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 10:25:28 PM »

There is no information in this post to make anyone think, for example, that this radio would even be
equal to, let alone better than, a Kenwood TH-D710 APRS/TNC dual-band mobile, for example.   

They have some similar features to the TH-D710, but they're selling new on eBay for $199 shipped.  There is no point to comparing them to the Kenwood.  They are 45% less expensive than an Alinco DR-635T.  They're less expensive than most Alinco monoband transceivers.

I'm sure there are some of us that are not in the market for a bottom-end mobile unit, but I think it is amazing anyone can produce a transceiver this sophisticated for so little.  I couldn't even produce the microphone for that much if I wanted any profit.  But I have questions too, like have they ripped-off someone else's IP?  Have they skirted regulatory requirements that a domestic vendor would have to comply with?
N6YFM

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 03:18:34 PM »

They have some similar features to the TH-D710, but they're selling new on eBay for $199 shipped.  There is no point to comparing them to the Kenwood.  They are 45% less expensive than an Alinco DR-635T.  They're less expensive than most Alinco monoband transceivers.

I'm sure there are some of us that are not in the market for a bottom-end mobile unit, but I think it is amazing anyone can produce a transceiver this sophisticated for so little.  I couldn't even produce the microphone for that much if I wanted any profit.  But I have questions too, like have they ripped-off someone else's IP?  Have they skirted regulatory requirements that a domestic vendor would have to comply with?

You already know the answer to your questions, right?  :-)

A.   It's from China, not Japan.
B.   If you test it for IMD and interference, you will repeat "You get what you pay for".
C.   If you compare Japan quality to China quality, you will repeat  "You get what you pay for".
D.   Gotta' love the audio output specs;  10% distortion.    Repeat, you get what you pay for.
E.   Gotta' love how the package box shows 222Mhz but the written specs make no mention of it. :-)
F.   If you hook it up to a Spectrum analyzer and test the TX "output/splatter/trash", you will
      discover that, just like Baofeng, these guys in China found a black-market path around the FCC :-)

I have personal experience (wish I did not) that most of these China products do not come ANYWHERE close
to the printed specifications, but closely match MFJ on quality (sic).
Being from a no-name China supplier, you will likely not be finding an 800-telephone number for technical support,
or any kind of support, for that matter.   And if it fails;   You will discover what I have known for several years;
The China government subsidizes the freight pipe-line to the rest of the world.   Sitting here in America, I can
purchase a pound of electronics from China, and it comes FREE SHIPPING in one or two weeks.
BUT, if you try to ship a 1 pound package BACK to China from the USA, you soon discover that the minimum
charge is $100 USA.     So even if that Ebay seller offers a warranty, and even with an Ebay "Buyer Protection Plan",
Ebay will tell you that you first have to ship it back and prove that it was delivered.

How do you like to say; ...   Good luck with that!

So, in summary;   Yes.  It's Cheap.   It will receive and transmit and get you on the air.
But there are many shades of gray in life.    
Buyer Beware!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:36:46 PM by N6YFM » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: