The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RLM MICROWAVE 3CX800A7 reviews?  (Read 1355 times)
KD0ZGW

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2017, 04:15:42 PM »

does anyone know where I might find feedback on these tubes?  At $490 for a pair they seem suspiciously inexpensive

"One year Warranty.... replacement only, Tested at full power prior to shipping"

thx
KD0ZGW
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:04:39 PM »

I wonder if RLM stands for AG6K's initials?

Agoura and Somis are pretty close.
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 08:05:41 PM »

Agoura is about 20 miles East from Somis. In 1992 I lived in Thousand Oaks and visited Richard's place. Beautiful old farm house that had been updated and refurbished. He had a nice large barn on the farm and a wonderful orchard. He was 8 years older than me. I wonder if he is still alive. A couple weeks ago I was just out in TO to see my friend K6WE. He passed away on November 1. The Heathkit generation is fading away.
W1QJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 04:54:27 AM »

Been there Done that.  I saw that add for those tubes and I had the same feeling about RLM.  I sent an email to Rich to ask him if he was behind these tubes because I knew he was ner this area as you guys suspected.  I received an email back from "HELPER GIRL #5".  Helper Girl #5 responded to the email saying that Rich was very sick in bed and has been for a while now.  It didn't sound good.

A fellow who frequents here bought a set of the couple weeks ago. He put them in his Al-800H and he says they work fine.  Fast shipping.  SO I guess they are just plain old Chinese tubes unbranded.

KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 06:43:14 AM »

Yeah I figured it was a stretch as Rich has been absent from the forums he was regular on for several months now.

I guess the 4CX5000A Plywood Box amp will be no more.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 07:01:49 AM »

does anyone know where I might find feedback on these tubes?  At $490 for a pair they seem suspiciously inexpensive

"One year Warranty.... replacement only, Tested at full power prior to shipping"

At the moment, RF parts is out of stock and $995.

Ameritron I think has stock at $695: http://www.ameritron.com/Product.php?productid=383-0800-A7-2F

Alpha lists for $450, don't know if in stock: https://www.alpharfsystems.com/?ec_store=tube-3cx800a7lg
K4RVN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 02:01:25 PM »

I ordered the 3CX800A7 tubes as soon as I saw them for sale on Ebay. They were $490 plus 15 bucks shipping. I had them in a few days. They were nice looking new tubes no made in china that I could find on them. They have a RLM Microwave sticker on them. Perfect new looking and great performers. They are in my AL 800H now and my 5 year old Eimacs are in Storage. My email question through ebay was answered yes immediately about if the tubes had full output. I used filament only with the HV caps off for 6 hours to condition them.  Am I happy in every respect so far, yes. I am especially pleased with the price of $505 delivered for two nice looking tubes with full output. I have been using them with 1200 watts almost daily on 40 meters for several weeks now.
Audio Reports are really good on my Omni 6 Ten tec.
On tune up on my near resonant antenna, the tubes have hit 1700 watts a couple of times with 65 watts drive. I lowered the drive to 50 watts to get about 1200 or more out on SSB. I use them on SSB only. Look at the sellers feedback on ebay it is good. That's my feedback, yours may not duplicate as my new truck disclaimer reads on the gas mileage. LOL. I plan to run 1500 watts soon on my new fixed wire 3 element 40 meter beam at 70 ft. pointed West looking for VK and ZLs and the Pacific.

Frank K4RVN
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:09:25 PM by K4RVN » Logged
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 02:45:10 PM »

They offer Eimac and Chinese versions. Ive heard no complaints....yet....about the Chinese and have retubed several LK-750, 780 and 800's with them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: