Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your local club support an elmer program?  (Read 389 times)
K1PX

Ignore
« on: April 22, 2000, 10:52:35 AM »

Most of the clubs in my area have elmer programs along with classes for upgrading and volunteers to answer specific questions. There is also a team who will go around and assist others putting up antennas and assembling stations. Does your local club offer such programs ?          
AB7RG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2000, 12:59:08 AM »

Not that I'm aware of, sure would be nice though! I've tried to get my local club to print up fliers to put at Radio Shack and on different bulletin boards around town in the past, but my suggestions just receive a, "That's a good idea." type of reply, then nothing ever comes of it. You can go into RS and ask about Amateur Radio and they usually don't have a clue.

I've heard one guy on the local repeater practically begging fellow club members to help him fix his antenna. Looks like I will have to go it alone. No one else seems to give a darn. Same goes for Amateur Radio classes, promotion at the local annual fair, the Christmas parade, and any and all other community events where one could spotlight Amateur Radio a bit. Once again, I've made countless suggestions which all seem to fall on deaf ears. No one wants to put forth the effort I suppose. I can't do it alone, same for putting togeter a V.E. team.

Well, I really do admire clubs who have members that are actually willing to participate in the promotion of Amateur Radio and helping out their fellow hams. I sure didn't have any help when it came to getting into Amateur Radio, upgrading, and now it's the same story, with the promotion of it. Guess I'll have to be a one man army when it comes to Amateur Radio activity around here.

73, Clinton AB7RG

N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 12:55:37 PM »

go to  ARRL.ORG and in the upper left click on exams, type in your zip code and hit enter. this will bring up a list of ham tests in your local area.  most of these are sponsered by a ham club. they all have a contact person and phone number. call and ask about  the next meeting, for an elmer , how do I ....

some one will take you under their wing.  Please gice it a shot,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: