Another FTDX-3000D vs IC-7300 Question...

(1/5) > >>

:
Yes folks, it's that $64,000 question again regarding the Yaesu FTDX-3000D versus the Icom IC-7300. ::)

I've been looking at both radios for sometime now, as I'd like to replace my Yaesu FT-450AT for a newer model of radio.  I intend to keep the FT-450AT as a back up radio, as I'm fond of it and have literally worked the world on it since buying it new in early December 2009. Ideally, I'd like a medium sized radio, as the FT-450AT was more of a starter radio. I'd like something that can sit on my desk, but not be too small. The FTDX-3000D fits the bill, yet the IC-7300 has me intrigued because of the features it packs into such a small size (similar to my FT-450AT).  My pre-existing equipment is tailored for the Yaesu range, like my MD100 desk microphone, accessory connectors and Heil headset. Going over to Icom would require an additional outlay to buy a desk microphone and accessory connectors, if I saw so inclined.

Whilst having spectrum displays and waterfalls is nice, as is ergonomics and looks, it's not my main area of interest. Receiver and transmitter performance is far more important, i.e. strong adjacent signal handling, not getting the front end overloaded, no ALC overshoot and low IMD figures is what I'm looking for.

I've looked at the reviews on various places till they are coming out of my ears, but I still can't choose between the 2 radios. :-\

Any personal thoughts and experiences between the 2 radios is welcome. :)

Ian - MM0IMC.

Jarrad Mitchell:
Tough one.

The IC-7300 is a real winner for its price class, but the FTDX-3000D offers better rear panel connectivity.

In a suburban location, the performance will be pretty much equal.

That said, I don't know of anyone who bought an IC-7300 and had buyers remorse.

Chris Hays:
Does it really matter?  Which do you prefer or if you cannot make a decision, they I suppose cost would be the next category..
both are good radios....

Bill Allen:
I don't know why anyone anywhere would even consider anything other than the IC-7300.  I don't even know why they still make all those other radios?

james doran:
Quote from: W0WCA on December 20, 2017, 06:37:47 AM

I don't know why anyone anywhere would even consider anything other than the IC-7300.  I don't even know why they still make all those other radios?

Perhaps you are correct, you just don't know ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page