The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 500 most common English words in Morse Code @23wpm  (Read 2608 times)
PA0WV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 03:03:39 AM »

Every effort to learn the code is praiseworthy.

However some comments:
character speed is not 23 but 24.3 wpm
spacing inside characters is 12 wpm
spacing between words is nearly 9 wpm

PARIS including wordspace takes 50 dits (dit is defined to be the shortest element time = baud)
PARIS takes 43 dits without wordspace
Sent in this demonstrated way PARIS should take without wordspace 55 dits, hence the wordspeed of the very wide separated words is each word at 19  wpm.

In general it seems to be better to use G4FON, because you can use it off line and above that you can adjust the spacings at will.
Better to exercise the standard ratio's because otherwise you are learning something else that you don't want to learn.

So in this case exercise with 19 wpm with regular character spacing between characters. Wordspacings are free when I suppose that you want to hear one single word in regular spaced Morse code, and after some longer time another word.

MP3 records used in your car, or on a battery powered portable player are a good choice.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:09:00 AM by PA0WV » Logged

VK3MEG

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 04:41:00 AM »

thanks PA0WV
looks like i'm on the right track i enjoy this guys videos a couple of times a week and also use g4fon with word lists, callsign lists, and qso's.
i enjoy the 100 common words they have helped me alot with head copy.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: