Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MARS mod for TS-440s  (Read 4500 times)
KA4KYI

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2000, 08:36:34 AM »

I am getting ready to apply to be a MARS station.  I have a Kenwood TS-440S and think it can be modified for MARS.  Havent been able to find the manual for it to see if that is already in the book.  

Does anyone know if this can be done and what is involved ?

Thanks,
Ron Nutter
KA4KYI
AE4NR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2000, 08:50:37 AM »

Ron go to qrz.com look under radio mods the mod you need should be listed there.if not email me I am sure I have that mod around somewhere although I have not modified my ts 440 usually all that is involved is clipping a diode
AE4NR
Rich
KA4KYI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2000, 10:47:10 AM »

I had looked under Radio Mods at QRZ.COM first but saw nothing about a MARS mod for the TS440.  Anything you can come up with would be appreciated.

Thanks,
ron
W4HGG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2000, 11:44:01 AM »

Any mod you could want for any radio can be found at www.mods.dk  .  They have the information you need.

73's

Eric-W4HGG
N4QA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2000, 02:11:42 PM »

Open up the front of your radio, remove the metal shield covering the backside of the microcomputer module, find D80 and clip one end in such a way that you can solder it back, if required.
KA4KYI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2000, 02:55:25 PM »

Thanks for the followup.  Will give it a shot (once I have my MARS license of course !).

Thanks
Ron
KA4KYI
N4JN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2000, 09:26:06 PM »

You may have to Reset the microprocessor to get the change to work after you clip the diode (think how to do it is in the manual).  I made this mod but it was 13 or 14 years ago when I got the rig new so I can't quite remember each step exactly.  Good luck!
73 - Scott - N4JN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: