The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Intrepid Spirit Award  (Read 1818 times)
N6PSE

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2018, 09:39:53 AM »

The Intrepid-DX Group is seeking nominations for the individual or group that most displayed their “Intrepid Spirit” this past year. The Intrepid Spirit for purposes of this award is defined as:

An Intrepid Spirit is bold, courageous, dedicated, innovative, fearless, generous, resolute and visionary in their approach to Amateur Radio. We want to recognize those individuals or groups that activated the rare, difficult and dangerous places.

We are seeking to make this award to the group or individual that most displayed their intrepid spirit in 2017, by expressing an unshakable commitment to the Amateur Radio DX Community.

This award is made in memory of our friend, James McLaughlin WA2EWE/T6AF. SK, Kabul Afghanistan, April 27th, 2011.

Nominations may be submitted via email to: intrepiddxgroup@gmail.com

All nominations must be received by January 15th, 2018. The Board of Directors of the Intrepid-DX Group will evaluate the nominations and the award will be presented at the International DX Convention in Visalia, California on April 21st, 2018.

The Intrepid-DX Group was formed in 2010 following our successful Dxpedition to Iraq.

You can view our website at http://www.intrepid-dx.com/awards.php

Thank you,

Paul Ewing-N6PSE

Vice President and Founder
The Intrepid DX Group
KC0W

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 11:20:47 AM »

For true radio dedication no DXpeditions in 2017 even came close to the 3C0L & 3C1L guys. It should be awarded to them without even discussion. 

Tom KC0W 
W0MLD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 02:41:40 AM »

For true radio dedication no DXpeditions in 2017 even came close to the 3C0L & 3C1L guys. It should be awarded to them without even discussion. 

Tom KC0W 

Those guys were amazing.  Constantly overcoming an onslaught of problems.
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 04:11:16 AM »

Those guys were amazing.  Constantly overcoming an onslaught of problems.

I read about some of their difficulties. It wasn't an easy trip!

It would have been nice to get a couple of band fills, but I never heard them at all.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 07:57:24 AM »

I also vote for the 3C crew!
I sent in a formal nomination to the email address provided.

I suggest anyone willing to recognize these guys on their absolutely super human effort also do so.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 08:06:18 AM by N2RJ » Logged
LA7DFA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 03:04:13 PM »

It would have been nice to get a couple of band fills, but I never heard them at all.
Propagations were not the best, but they had booming signals from 3C0L @7200km to Norway, constantly 559-599 on 160m.
The large metal roof worked as a giant counterpoise.

From 3C1L, they were weaker than 3C0.  Probably due to counterpoise, and less days good condx.
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 12:58:38 AM »

I don't know if this is the proper forum for a vote, but they (the 3C group) have mine.

It's not just me, either.  I know some eminent local DXers, some quite experienced DXpeditioners themselves, who thought highly of their activity.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 07:55:53 AM »

I don't know if this is the proper forum for a vote, but they (the 3C group) have mine.

Submit your nomination at the email address in the original posting. I don't think it's a guarantee that they will read it here.
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 08:05:11 AM »

Submitted.

It's true Paul is a regular here, but it doesn't hurt to go through channels as well for this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: