The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WAZ / LOTW  (Read 6036 times)
WA8UEG

Ignore
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:39:06 AM »

Looks like the WAZ awards are very close to going live on LOTW.
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 06:04:28 PM »

Looks like the WAZ awards are very close to going live on LOTW.

Yes, the beta test has been going well. The criterion for "going live" is two weeks with all reported defects corrected and no new defects reported.
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:37:22 AM »

Cool.. I have the basic mixed WAZ but I have no idea where I stand in terms of other WAZ components. I suspect I would have or be close to CW. I'd be curious what bands are remotely close. I know what bands I'm pretty sure I'm not close on!
EI2GLB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 12:35:13 AM »

Clublog has a pretty good WAZ tracking interface,

Just upload your log and it does the rest,
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 09:09:19 PM »

Work Progressing to Incorporate CQ Magazine’s WAZ Award Program into LoTW

Beta testing for bringing CQ Magazine's Worked All Zones (WAZ) award program into ARRL’s Logbook of the World (LoTW) system continues to move forward, officials from CQ and ARRL have assured.

Some problems in the implementation were discovered by testers and have since been corrected; the documentation has also been improved by feedback from the testers. In parallel, the LoTW server has been executing a background task that creates and populates a WAZ account for each LoTW user.

Beta testing will continue until this background task completes. When all WAZ accounts have populated, LoTW-WAZ will be made available to everyone.

“The goal is for Amateur Radio operators to be able to directly submit LoTW confirmations for WAZ credit,” ARRL and CQ said in a joint statement. “Standard LoTW credit fees and separate CQ award fees will apply.”

Logbook of The World is ARRL's electronic confirmation system for amateur radio contacts. It provides a confirmation when both stations in a contact submit their logs to the system and a match between the logs is confirmed. LoTW has supported the CQ WPX Award program since 2012.

http://www.arrl.org/news/work-progressing-to-incorporate-cq-magazine-s-waz-award-program-into-lotw
W6UV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 10:29:14 PM »

Excellent! I've had all zones confirmed for quite a while now, but I'm 100% LotW so never had a way to get the certificate. Looks like I'll soon be able to.
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2018, 09:36:30 AM »

It's available as of this morning.  Looks very nice!
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 10:38:33 AM »

189 Zones confirmed via LoTW.  Which means that they are all Cycle 24 contacts.

Zak W1VT
KJ4Z

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2018, 10:49:51 AM »

Surprise!  I have mixed WAZ and never even knew it.  I don't go in much for paper award certificates anymore, but I seem to recall that the WAZ certs were pretty nice once upon a time.  I also remember hearing that they were taking a very, very long time to ship.  Are both of those conditions still true?
VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 11:10:38 AM »

Interesting! I still need Zone 2 on digital! I have all 40 on CW and Phone, but only 39 on digital.  Grin

Marvin VE3VEE
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 11:28:14 AM »

Questions for Dave:

Will ARRL card checkers be able to check paper QSLs for WAZ?

Will the ARRL issue the awards now?  If not, what is the interface with CQ magazine or the WAZ awards manager?
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 11:30:58 AM »

It appears that if one has LoTW certificates for an old and a current callsign, that for WAZ the totals for each callsign are separate.  Whereas for ARRL DXCC and CQ WPX both my old and current callsigns confirmations are merged.  Anyone else see that?  73, Rich,K3VAT
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 11:33:34 AM by K3VAT » Logged
K3VAT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 11:36:45 AM »

Questions for Dave:

Will ARRL card checkers be able to check paper QSLs for WAZ?

Will the ARRL issue the awards now?  If not, what is the interface with CQ magazine or the WAZ awards manager?

Do you participate the CQ WPX Award Program?? My understanding is that CQ WAZ will be very similar.  ARRL doesn't issue any awards.

KJ4Z

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2018, 11:43:38 AM »

It appears that if one has LoTW certificates for an old and a current callsign, that for WAZ the totals for each callsign are separate.  Whereas for ARRL DXCC and CQ WPX both my old and current callsigns confirmations are merged.  Anyone else see that?  73, Rich,K3VAT

Yes.  Back in the day I had to ask the DXCC desk to merge my old and new callsigns.  Maybe there will be a procedure to have the same done for WAZ.
KD0PO

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 11:54:35 AM »

Interesting! I still need Zone 2 on digital!
Marvin VE3VEE

haha I need zone 2 on 20 meter CW, can I borrow one from you??
 Grin Grin Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: