The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Sale: 80 to 630m transverter  (Read 3010 times)
AE5X

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2018, 11:17:44 AM »

https://ae5x.blogspot.com/2018/01/for-sale-80-to-630-meter-transverter.html

AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 01:45:55 PM »

SOLD

KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:29:16 PM »

What did you replace it with and were there any cons about its performance?

Carl
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 04:31:39 PM »

What did you replace it with and were there any cons about its performance?

Carl

I replaced it with a transceiving converter:
http://www.monitorsensors.com/ham-radio/630m-transverter

The one I sold is fantastic - a great way to get on 630m with not much $$$ and with an effective WSPR signal. It was an easy kit to build and suitable even for a first-time kit builder. I suppose the only con is that it is for transmit only which relegates the user to WSPR or a CW beacon, ie no QSO modes.

For someone wanting to get on the new band, do a little WSPR operation and see where their signal can be heard, it can't be beat.

KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 05:47:26 PM »

That would work for me as I could use the TS-950SD for RX at least for CW for starters.

I couldnt see spending $660 for a full transverter, that is only 90 less than I paid for the 950 with a load of filters.

Unless one shows for ~ $200 I'll build it and with a full 1/4 wave T loaded antenna I dont need 50W.

Carl
AA2UK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 08:59:43 PM »

That would work for me as I could use the TS-950SD for RX at least for CW for starters.

I couldnt see spending $660 for a full transverter, that is only 9ter0 less than I paid for the 950 with a load of filters.

Unless one shows for ~ $200 I'll build it and with a full 1/4 wave T loaded antenna I dont need 50W.

Carl
Carl, John WA3ETD still sells these units as a kit for less than $100.00. Just an FYI. If you need a it of gain in the RX circuit it would be simple enough to insert a MIMIC to get some gain. I was thinking a pair of old AM radio IF transformers back to back for additional band filtering with the MIMIC between the transformers. 
John the output device/ stage is non linear correct/ not  correct?
Tnx
Bill, AA2UK
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:09:18 PM by AA2UK » Logged
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 03:47:39 AM »

I couldnt see spending $660 for a full transverter, that is only 9ter0 less than I paid for the 950 with a load of filters.

Carl
Carl, John WA3ETD still sells these units as a kit for less than $100.00. Just an FYI. If you need a it of gain in the RX circuit it would be simple enough to insert a MIMIC to get some gain. I was thinking a pair of old AM radio IF transformers back to back for additional band filtering with the MIMIC between the transformers. 
Tnx
Bill, AA2UK

Correct, it is non-linear.

AA2UK

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 07:44:38 AM »

Carl
Tnx
Bill, AA2UK

Correct, it is non-linear.
I think that's a non starter for KM1H Carl. It is for me even though I'll only be making local daytime contacts on 630 meter SSB. I enjoy your blog and reading about your 630 contacts.
73, Bill
AA2UK
KM1H

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 03:52:47 PM »

I think that's a non starter for KM1H Carl. It is for me even though I'll only be making local daytime contacts on 630 meter SSB. I enjoy your blog and reading about your 630 contacts.
73, Bill
AA2UK

Correct Bill, both my modified TS-940 and a TS-950 both do excellent on 630 RX as is.
I just wish some genius would publish a mod to open the TX path at the milliwatt level where there is no filtering. Building an amp is a no brainer and Id want CW/SSB and eventually digital. At ~10W I can even steal the rigs power and run out the transverter port. KISS Please!

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: