New English?

(1/19) > >>

Franklin M. Cloud:
I have noticed for some time that posters use then instead of than as I was taught years ago. An example  to explain is: "I like legal limit amps better than 500 watt amps".  Some would write better then 500 watt amps. Has there been a word change in schools? I am serious to know as I see this often. Thanks for any comment.

Frank

Keith Elster:
Quote from: K4RVN on January 10, 2018, 04:52:24 PM

I have noticed for some time that posters use then instead of than as I was taught years ago. An example  to explain is: "I like legal limit amps better than 500 watt amps".  Some would write better then 500 watt amps. Has there been a word change in schools? I am serious to know as I see this often. Thanks for any comment.

Frank

Irregardless of "then" or "than," I could care less.

Bigly. ;D

RadioRay:
Just
For
Fun

It appears that you actually meant that you ‘couldn’t care less’, else you’re caring more than you care to care, eh wot ?

De Ray

Glenn B. Schulz:
And then there is the sophisticated "irregardless"...

- Glenn W9IQ

Charles Rodgers:
The new English saying Just saying .When somebody tells you a story and then says just saying .I do not understand even tho you just said it you have to say just saying.Or when somebidy says my Moms uhhhh. Moms meaning more than one. Have a Blessed day. Be Safe. God Bless.
..END OF TRANSMISSION.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page