The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DX Marathon 2017 high claimed scores published  (Read 1227 times)
N3QE

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2018, 12:18:00 PM »

http://www.dxmarathon.com/highclaimedscores/2017HighClaimedScores.htm

Congrats VE3VEE for being at the top of the heat in the 20M category!
VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 02:20:01 PM »

Tim, congrats to your 180 points on 80m! Congrats to Graham VK3GA for the highest score in OC.

Marvin VE3VEE

NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 05:41:34 AM »

Tim, congrats to your 180 points on 80m! Congrats to Graham VK3GA for the highest score in OC.

Marvin VE3VEE

Congrats on another win, Marvin.  You could use some competition though.  It might keep you awake as you coast to victory.

Our local club, which is not a DX club, has an annual contest for most countries and band slots.  I never had any competition until this year when some member started gradually closing my 30 country lead at the beginning of December.  Each day he would add a country.  By December 28th or 29th he'd tied me so I actually had to do some work or I risked getting beat.  I worked four or five new countries, including KH2L on FT8 with only a few hours left in the year, and managed to win by four countries.

Chris  NU1O
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 05:50:06 AM »

Congratulations to Graham VK3GA on beating ZL2IFB for the Oceania plaque for the first time since I did in 2013.

I haven't submitted an entry since. I may have a crack at it again next year.
VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 07:12:43 AM »

Chris,

Congrats on another win, Marvin.  You could use some competition though.  It might keep you awake as you coast to victory.

My "competition" was my previous year's score of 321 points. I "won" by beating it by one point this year, LOL.  Grin

Our local club, which is not a DX club, has an annual contest for most countries and band slots.  I never had any competition until this year when some member started gradually closing my 30 country lead at the beginning of December.  Each day he would add a country.  By December 28th or 29th he'd tied me so I actually had to do some work or I risked getting beat.  I worked four or five new countries, including KH2L on FT8 with only a few hours left in the year, and managed to win by four countries.

Chris  NU1O

Competition does help, LOL!!! Congrats!!!

Marvin VE3VEE
VK3GA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 09:47:37 PM »

Thanks for the congrats, and well done again Marvin!

For interest I deliberately chose confirmed FT8 QSO's where possible, and ended up with 214/310 (69%).

11 ATNO's, completed 5B DXCC, and finally tipped over 1000 Challenge points in 2017 so not a bad year. FT8 made a huge difference.

This years focus will be DXCC on 80M.

Best wishes and good DX to all in 2018...

73 Graham VK3GA
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 10:17:43 AM »

Nice job Marvin.  I assume you are trying to win this year's competition and perhaps already have more than DXCC worked by now?  Grin

Jonathan W6GX
VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 02:05:46 PM »

Nice job Marvin.  I assume you are trying to win this year's competition and perhaps already have more than DXCC worked by now?  Grin

Jonathan W6GX

Jonathan, my wife has been out of the country these past couple of weeks so I had unusually more free time for radio since the start of the year. 149 DXCC entities worked this year so far. But I'm not sure what I will do next. I may, in the summer, decide to put up a different antenna on the tower. If I happen to do that, I may end up being QRT for a while. I'm still undecided.  Grin

Marvin VE3VEE
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 06:52:04 PM »

149 DXCC entities worked this year so far. But I'm not sure what I will do next. I may, in the summer, decide to put up a different antenna on the tower. If I happen to do that, I may end up being QRT for a while. I'm still undecided.  Grin

Marvin VE3VEE

What a modest guy! Grin

With 149 entities in 14 days, you'll have basically all entities, except the one offs by the summer. The downtime is not likely to hurt. Wink
KM4SII

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 07:08:20 PM »

149 DXCC entities worked this year so far.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Whaaaaaa?!?!? 149 on a single band in two weeks?!?!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I've got 146 DXCC and I have been on HF for a year-and-a-half, and on all (most) bands! WOW!!!

73 de KM4SII
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:18:20 PM by KM4SII » Logged

VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 07:16:47 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Whaaaaaa?!?!?  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I've got 146 DXCC and I have been on HF for a year-and-a-half, and on all (most) bands! WOW!!!

73 de KM4SII

You guys.... Grin

I have been licensed in Canada for a little over 25 years. Granted that I only got serious about DXing after LoTW and the JT modes, I have 146 confirmed only. My first DXCC award was completed in 2013.
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 03:02:51 AM »

I just checked, and I now have 20 entities worked so far this year!

The two weeks summer break I took has seen me working around the farm until dark (9 pm) most days. When I'm not fencing, I've been building antennas. Now I have three beverages up and running.

Now I'm back to work, and still working around the farm until dark. Not much motivation for radio left.

The best we can hope for on the edge of the world here in the Marathon is the Oceania plaque. I made 319 points some years ago, and I'm still recovering from that year!
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 06:03:59 AM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Whaaaaaa?!?!? 149 on a single band in two weeks?!?!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

73 de KM4SII

That's what a 5 element monobander at 100 feet will do for you, Mason!  Dream large, kid!  You may have a station like Marvin's some day.

Chris  NU1O
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 07:03:51 AM »

Years ago, there was an informal group of guys who competed amongst themselves as to who could work DXCC the soonest each new year. January 6 was the earliest date I remember seeing.

VE3VEE

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 08:27:50 AM »

Years ago, there was an informal group of guys who competed amongst themselves as to who could work DXCC the soonest each new year. January 6 was the earliest date I remember seeing.

That's sounds like fun. I think this is easier now than it used to be years ago. The DX cluster helps big time, and I think the new FT8 mode helps, too. I did DXCC by January 2 this year, but the only reason why it was done this early was because my XYL wasn't at home.  Grin Grin Grin

Marvin VE3VEE
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: