Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Noise Reduction Units: JPS NIR-10 vs JPS NIR-12 vs  (Read 600 times)
W5CIA

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2001, 06:01:36 PM »

I'm looking for feed back on these types of units for noise reduction. I have an older Ten Tec Omni VI without DSP and have line noise from a power transformer in my yard and computer hash on the lower part of the HF spectrum (7mghz and below). I'm testing a MFJ 1025 now and found little relief. I am interested in purchasing a NIR-10, NIR-12, and an ANC-4. Thanks for sharing your experiences in advance.
Steve
W5CIA
W7MG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2001, 02:44:47 AM »

I use the Am-com Inc ClearSpeech base unit between the radio and a external speaker. This little unit works very well reducing noise in both mobile and base installations. You can also get a speaker with the noise reduction unit built in. These things REALLY work. Check out the Am-Com Inc web site,  www.amcominc.com, they are a great place to do business with.
Good luck-- Joe W7MG
KB8VWV

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2001, 12:40:00 AM »

I use a NIR12 and am quite happy with it.  I am not entirely sure it will cure the conditions you want but with the dual DSP and filters you should be able to tailor it as close as any available unit on the market now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: