Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multiple antennas and SWR?  (Read 367 times)
KG4LJF

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2001, 10:22:32 PM »

Ok, here's the deal. I have a 3' magnet mt. CB whip on my truck cab.

I want to put me a 1/2 or 1/4 wave 2M ham antenna up there with it.

Is it going to be possible to keep both antennas' SWR within a good performance range?

If not, what alternatives do I have so I can Ham and CB at the same time without affecting either radio's SWR?

Email if ya want. Thanks well in advance.

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2001, 10:49:48 PM »

Sure, just mount them as far as possible away from each other. I have a CB, Scanner and two meter antenna on my SUV with no problems. I put the CB antenna up front, the 2 meter in the rear and scanner antenna in the middle.
AC5E

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2001, 09:26:23 PM »

Hi: The SWR of BOTH antennas depends on resonance. I used to be a delivery driver and ran a CB antenna on the right side of my truck cab, a 2 Meter antenna in the middle, and a 440 antenna on the left side, right over my head. Straight across, less than 24 inches apart. After I tuned everything to resonance all three systems worked like a top.
  Nowadays I would either borrow or buy an antenna analyzer to help getting it right. Since there is some interaction I'd tune (trim a little) each antenna to resonance a little bit at a time, and after I had each antenna resonant where I want them to be, I would enjoy.
  73  Pete Allen  AC5E
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: