Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange signals  (Read 260 times)
KG9CW

Ignore
« on: November 29, 2001, 07:02:47 AM »

In the ham band at 28.692mhz is a digital signal that I cannot figure out. Is it video or text signal and where is it coming from? It appears to be originating from somewhere southeast of indiana. Anyone know what it is?
tnx for any help.
robert....kg9cw
KF4HEY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2001, 11:13:56 AM »

Robert,

If you have your xcvr interfaced to a PC soundcard for digital modes, then make a 10-20 sec Wave file recording using the Windows Sound Recorder and e-mail it to me.  Maybe I will have some luck with it.

Mike KF4HEY@arrl.net
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2001, 03:08:19 PM »

Be sure you are not picking up radiation leakage from a cable TV system.  The lower frequencies are beginning to be used for home to head-end connections (i.e. broadband Internet access).

w9gb
KG9CW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2001, 06:28:17 AM »

ok mike
I'll try to make a recording next time i hear the signals and email it to you. It doesn't sound like sstv and it won't decode on any of the sstv modes. also not rtty,amtor,pactor,psk31. sometimes sstv is heard on this frequency and it will decode. a fellow in illinois and one in indiana have also heard the signals and they too feel it is coming from southeast.
73 robert..kg9cw
KG9CW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2001, 06:33:37 AM »

w9gb

tnx for the info. i don't think it is cable interference in this case because two other people are hearing it also. one lives in central illinois and the other in indiana. anyway, cable rfi is something i will keep in mind for any future problems that may come up. tnx agn.
73 robert  kg9cw
KE4MOB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2001, 08:17:17 AM »

Don't forget there are a slew of new digital modes out there.  Last week I found something strange on 14082..turned out to be a Feld-Hell signal.

An excellent page for digital mode identification is:

http://home.teleport.com/~nb6z/about.htm

And some really good software for producing spectral displays of these modes is:

http://www.webcom.com/~spchtoys/toptoy.html

Hope this helps!!

Steve, KE4MOB
KG9CW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2001, 06:58:22 AM »

tnx for the info steve.
i will check out those sites.
robert kg9cw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: