Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help with IC735 and AT120  (Read 245 times)
KE4VYO

Ignore
« on: January 27, 2002, 05:07:26 PM »

I have an IC735 and an AT120 that I would like to hook up and make work. Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to do this or do I need to invest more money in an AT150? If the AT120 will work, can someone help me with the wiring of these two radios.
Thanks,
Michael
W7KKK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2002, 01:05:59 PM »

I will assume that your IC-735 and the AT-120 operate much like my IC-706 and the AH-4 tuner I had for it.  And a friend's IC-745 and his AT-100 work the same way. There should be a little 4 wire connector on the back of the radio that you hook the tuner up to which in turn causes the tuner to tune the radio. This connector has 4 in line wires and has a point on one end of it, it's only about an inch long. This tuning will happen, depending on your radio, when the tuner senses more than 1.5 or 2.0 to 1  SWR ratio for the frequency versus the antenna you are using. (or for that matter anytime you manually tune it) Some radios are automatic to tune which is selectable and some are manual (hit the tune button). You would have to check your manual for the radio to see just how that operates. I am not sure of the wiring for your particular tuner but I would bet that you could go to the ICOM website and their technical people can give it to you. Otherwise, look for that plug and look at your schematic for the radio (I hope you have one) and that should help. There were only 4 wires if I remember right. Good Luck and 73's, Ken W7WV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: