Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QSL Card Display  (Read 1330 times)
KB3CDF

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2002, 02:22:40 PM »

Does anyone have any creative ways to display QSL cards?

Taped to the wall?  Is there a better way?  

Vendors?

It would be easy, if QSL cards were baseball card size.

73, John de KB3CDF
AC0X

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2002, 02:42:05 PM »

AES sells something made by ART SCI, a set of 3 packages that hold 20 3.5x5.5 cards each (total 60 cards) for $13.

A word of warning, tho.. like any collectable printed material, direct sunlight isn't good for it. After time, it will fade. I know a lot of hams hang up their "real pretty" but not too rare cards, and keep their rare stuff in books or in boxes.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2002, 02:43:35 PM »

I've always found that the plastic pocketed QSL displays work well and will hold about any sized QSL card, from anywhere.  They hold 40 cards per display, and at one time I had 50 of these displays making wallpaper all the way around my ham shack (all four walls), to display 2000 cards.  It's easy to change the cards displayed without taking these things down, if you're tall enough to reach the upper pockets!

Available from:

http://www.artscipub.com/

73 de Steve, WB2WIK/6
AC5E

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2002, 03:02:48 PM »

Hi: Most adhesives will have bad effects on paper and printing inks. My local stationary shop has "photo corners," small adhesive back paper things designed to hold photos in albums without damaging them. My photo shop has iron on adhesive sheets designed to archive photos in albums. Wal Mart has very inexpensive poster frames including a plexiglass "glass." They also have black poster paper.

If I'm sure I will never want to use the card for something besides decoration I use the iron on mounting tissue to stick the cards I want to display on a frame size piece of poster paper.

If I might want to remove the card, I put four photo corners on the card I want to display, stick the corners on a "frame size" chunk of poster paper, and when I get the poster paper full I put the poster in a frame together and hang it where I need some decoration. In subdued light, no sunlight, no UV, etc., etc..

I have had several of these in my office for the last ten years without loss of color or paper degradation. They have made many visitors stop and admire the pretty cards, a few have asked the right questions, and two have gotten their tickets and are currently active.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E
BRS183557

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2002, 09:07:42 AM »

Try super gluing cork tiles to the wall for a rather large pin board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: