Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost CSCE, how to replace  (Read 452 times)
KD7PML

Ignore
« on: March 11, 2002, 11:34:53 AM »

I am getting ready to take my General exam and have been searching for my original Code CSCE. Is there some method to request a duplicate? Or do I need to take the exam again. Thanks, Al KD7PML
W7KKK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2002, 11:57:39 AM »

The club that administered your test may have a copyofyour CSCE in their records of your code test. And, without looking it up, I think it has to be within 1 year of the test to be used.

Good Luck, Ken
AC5E

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2002, 12:14:33 PM »

The VE team that administered the test should have complete records on the session and be able to issue a replacement.

If it's feasable, I would try to take my written with the same VE team that gave you your Element 1 - since it may make life simpler for both you and the VE team.

And yes, a CSCE is only good for 12 months for upgrade credit.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E
KG4RBH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2002, 03:10:30 PM »

I am going through the exact same thing.  If the ARRL adminstered the exam, you can e-mail them (vec@arrl.org).  Tell them when/where you passed the code test.  They can send you a certified document showing where you passed Element 1.  Hope this helps!
AG4HK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2002, 09:10:02 PM »

I see that you are a tech with code.
Please don't listen to the people that are telling
you that your code CSCE is only good for a year.
If you are a tech with code than you only need the
CSCE as proof of your code test.

Jim AG4HK
KB3DLH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2002, 09:57:47 PM »

This is a confusing issue. Here's what I found out.

1. A CSCE with proof of Part 1 5wpm code is good indefinitely to substantiate HF operating privileges in the Novice/TechPlus bands.

2. It's good only for 12 months for use in upgrading when taking parts 3 or 3 & 4. If the holder has a Tech license issued since restructuring.

3. An issued Tech Plus license document from the FCC, on the other hand, issued before the last restructuring, is, since it is not a CSCE, but rather a license, good indefinitely (if not expired) as proof of Part 1 and Part 2 credit for upgrading to General / Extra

I had to research this when I upgraded in January. My Tech Plus license was from 1999. And the CSCE was worthless as it was too old. The license document, on the other had, was all I needed.

N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2002, 12:45:25 AM »

One correction , it is not good for a year, it is good for 365 days, that means if you passed on 11 mar 01, it would have expired on 10 mar 02,  and lets not think about a leap year.. but it does state 365 days...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: