Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rotators  (Read 238 times)
KB3FGC

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2001, 10:59:03 AM »

hi to all
can anyone send me in a direction to find info on a hd-73-1 rotator...? looking for service info
WO6T

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2001, 08:09:20 PM »

New Alliance rotor, never used. $175 with control box if you need one == MICKEY WO6T wo6t@arrl.net
ph 661-324-1042
AC5E

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2001, 11:20:31 PM »

HI: You did not say what problem you are having with your HD73 but the most common problem is an open rotor capacitor. This is big NON POLARIZED electrolytic, something like 80 mfd @50 V NP, if I remember correctly. When it fails open the rotor will turn very slowly, if at all. Your local TV repair shop should be able to steer you to an electronics parts distributor who stocks these items.
  The other problem I have had is metering failure.  There are a pair of diodes in the metering circuit that act as surge protectors. These jobbies are  located on the rotor PC board (located behind the meter). If the meter has quit, locate these two diodes and check them for shorts. The rotor works fine without these in circuit, so if there is any doubt, cut them loose and try the rotor.
   I was never able to figure out what these were - so I cheated and replaced them with 2A 1KV silicon rectifiers. That's probably way too heavy but I have had no further problems with them.
  Hope this helps
  73 Pete Allen  AC5E
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2002, 09:55:45 AM »

Excellent source for all Alliance parts, control boxes and documentation.

http://www.rotorservice.com/

w9gb
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: