Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bird wattmeter model 43 and telwave power monitor  (Read 248 times)
VE2GIQ

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2002, 07:44:01 PM »

73 all !
today I have 2 questions.
1- Can anyone tell me what is the part number for the
directional coupler in the Bird Wattmeter model 43 please ?

2- I found in a junk box a power monitor made by "Telewave Inc" model # PM-2A, anyone know what frequency it is good for ?

Thank you.

Gilles VE2GIQ
WA5EE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2002, 08:51:01 PM »

Telewave.com lists 3 models of the PM-2A, all bidirectional, rated for 1000 watts.PM-2A-50 covers 30-88 MHz , the -300 suffix is for  118-512 MHz , and the -900 covers 806 -960 .Evidently any model is available with either UHF (so-239) or "N" connectors, but if there's no suffix,I'd wager if you have so-239s ,it'd be low band,and if it has "N" connectors ,it's likely the UHF meter.Unless it fell off a cellphone truck,it's probably not the 900 MHz one.The best test is to try it (at fairly low power) and see what works.Bird is at www.bird-electronic.com   . Their website works poorly with Netscape , much better with Internet Explorer.

Russ,WA5EE
VE2GIQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2002, 09:57:01 PM »

Thank you Russ, in fact, the Telewave power monitor does not have any suffix, and it has 2 N type connectors, and, I don't have any meter to match it so I guess it's good for a door stop.......

As it is for the Bird 43 wattmeter directionnal coupler, they don't mention anything about the parts available for it, I guess I'll have to phone them up.

Thank you for taking the time to answer me Russ.

73 de Gilles VE2GIQ
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2002, 10:04:04 PM »

Gilles -

I have a bird 43 coupler, single slug (military surplus sliver plated), with "N" connectors - I think.

Identical to my Bird 43 (minus the silver plate) coupler.  Originally designed for install with amplifier and remote on front panel

Greg
w9gb
VE2GIQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2002, 09:25:54 PM »

Hello Greg, do you have a picture of that directional coupler handy ?

Is it for sale ?

Thanks

73 de Gilles VE2GIQ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: