Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General Purpose Logging program for DOS?  (Read 276 times)
WD8PTB

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2002, 05:35:26 PM »

I am looking for a General purpose logging program to run on an old 486 laptop with 4 meg of memory. It has Windows 3.1 but not enough memory to upgrade to Windows 95/98/ect.  I have tryed FDlogger and Fastlog. These both work but are not exactly what I need. FDlogger does not have room for comments and Fastlog seems to be inconsistant for Duplicates and only has a little room for comments. Thanks; WD8PTB; Don
W4JH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2002, 06:03:08 PM »

Take a look at Eqf-Jr by N3EQF:
http://www.eqf-software.com/

I used it for years on an old 386 computer. It looks like this is still available as a shareware download.

Jack   W4JH
AC5E

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2002, 07:45:24 AM »

I have used Logic 4 (www.hosenose.com) for many years with perfect satisfaction. You will have to pay for it, but most things that have lasted are worth what you pay for them.

And congratulations with sticking with DOS. I have never understood why someone will go from a system that's up and running in 20 seconds, each time and every time for years on end; to a buggy system that has to be frequently reloaded, that often fails to come up and must be repeatedly rebooted and nearly as frequenly reinstalled in order to get it to work at all - just so they can spare themselves the pain of typing in a few simple commands.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: