Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i change my screen name in eham?  (Read 253 times)
BRS183557

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2002, 08:43:07 AM »

I have just upgraded from a listener to a foundation licencee and i whant to change my screen name without starting up a new account. Is that atall possible?
K4TG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2002, 08:58:31 AM »

It doesn't look too promising. Below is something I copied from this site:

I'm already a member of eHam.net but have just gotten a new callsign and I want to update my registration. What can I do?

Congratulations on your new callsign! Your callsign is your registered eHam.net username. As such it is not simply a matter of updating it. The underlying code for the eHam.net user interface is for general website use. Most websites do not allow users to simply "change" usernames. A new username is a new user.

So, what do I do? Currently, you must register from scratch with your new callsign (you can use the same old password if you like). Don't worry too much about the old username/callsign registration... that's our problem. However, there is one parameter likely still in use in your old profile that matters, and that's the email address. Please read the email hints elsewhere on this page. You'll see that unfortunately our system requires that users all have unique email addresses so you probably need to "bust" the email in the old registration.

1) Log in under old callsign
2) "Bust" your email address by, for example, sticking a bunch of 9's in it (e.g., 9999foo@aol.com)
3) Log Out.
4) Click on "Become a member" and register with your new callsign.

Once signed up with the new callsign, you'll need to set, again, any customized parameters such as those in Classifieds, DX spots, etc. Also, if you have previously entered any Profile info, you'll need to re-enter that under the new call. To do this easily, open two browsers and log in to eHam.net in each using the old call in one browser, the new call in the other. Then you can copy-and-paste the info from your old call's profile to the new profile.

Also note that if you have activated any automatic email notifications (such as in Classifieds) you'll need to log in under your old callsign and delete those notifications.

We are sorry for any inconvenience, but if you follow the instructions carefully, it should be relatively painless.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2002, 07:40:44 PM »

Yep - all the details are in the FAQ pages.

I only wish they could be rightfully called Frequently Read Answers pages...seems no one bothers to look there!

73 Mike N2MG
webmaster
M3SDT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2002, 03:22:16 PM »

Ok thanks to you i've managed to change my username to M3SDT.
Thanks for all the help
73s
Simon
RS183557
M3SDT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: