About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: packet  (Read 269 times)
W4TZG

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2002, 07:28:46 PM »

I have new Kantronics KamPlus, my problem, I followed the manuals instruction on wiring to radio VHF, I plug the cable from Kan to radio and it keys radio, I have tried same thing with 3 different radios same thing, kenwood radio TMV7A,TM733a, And azden6000..has anyone run into this kind of problem, after all the checks I've made I now suspect the Kam has internal ground causing problem,  can anyone help...W4TZG
KX5N

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 10:19:56 PM »

I had the same problem with a KAM Plus and Kenwood radio. After much reading and searching I found that if I moved jumper K3 everything worked perfectly. Before that, everytime I connected the cables the Kenwood would key up (Alinco and ADI as well). Hope this helps  (from page 63 of the KAM Plus reference manual) 73 de Bob KX5N
W4TZG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 10:59:12 AM »

Thanks Bob for info..question do you remove K3 completly..the article on page 63 says not to connect to PTT on mike plug, is that right..thanks again..w4tzg
NB6Z

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2002, 11:39:37 AM »

My first setup with a new KAM+ was with a mobile Yaesu HF radio and I was forced to use the PTT line at the MIC input. It worked fine and I don't see why VHF would be any differrent. On a Yaesu, the PTT requires a pull down to ground; sounds like it was the opposite for your radio?
KA2UUP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2002, 04:13:03 PM »

Dumb suggestion from my part, but you may have wired the plug inversely.  It happened to me.  Just check to be sure.

Bert @ KA2UUP
KX5N

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2002, 06:57:14 PM »

I moved the jumper to its alternate position. The manual was not clear so I tried it and it worked great!!! Good Luck..73
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: