Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would like to discuss Amp design  (Read 482 times)
N4UE

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2008, 02:37:42 PM »

Hi, I am in the process of refurbing the "Mother of ALL 6 Meter Amps", and converting an Amp Supply HF Amp to the "Magic Band".
I have a lot of experience in most areas, but would like to bounce some ideas off of another Ham, since Amp design is not yet one of my strong points.
I would like to do this one-on-one, since:
1. most would find it boring    and
2. I don't want to appear to be a dumb A$$ in public!!

ha ha

bonddaleena@aol.com

or

n4ue@arrl.net

tnx, es 73

ron
N4UE
N1QOQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 06:10:07 PM »

You won't sound dumb. Some of the people answering you may. Ask away the rest of us might just learn something also. I'm working on a gs35 amp for 6m, all home brew. 73 Paul
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 06:45:41 PM »

I have two 6m homebrew (and home designed) amps, one is a 4-1000A grid-driven, the other is an 8877 GG.

Both were written up as construction articles with photos, diagrams, parts lists, etc. and both were published in the 80s.  And both run 1500W PEP output.

What are you using?

WB2WIK/6
N1QOQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 06:43:25 AM »

If you refering to me Steve, I am using the GS35 triode as my first. Because it is cheap (around $110) it has pretty good output and it is a triode. I figured it was a good start before jumping in to a tetrode. I am thinking of maybe running two in parralel but haven't gotten that far. I am using the WD7S triode control board, power supply and his LED bargraph display. I found plenty of pretty good designs. If you have or know of any let me know. I'm still getting all the parts together.--"The only problem of letting all the smoke out, it's really hard to put it all back in." --73 Paul
W2VW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 05:45:49 AM »

Consider using B+ no less than about 3200 under load with that tube.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: