Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Older hams  (Read 573 times)
N6AYJ

Ignore
« on: November 30, 2002, 01:52:39 PM »

Is there a net dealing with the triple threat of prostatitis, hemorrhoids and rectal incontinence?
W6XRL4

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2002, 03:08:43 PM »

Indeed, there is such a net conducted by W6 Old Bad Back and his sycophants on 3,888 kilocycles. An alternative frequency is 3,830 kilocycles hosted by Orville Redenbacher K6UEY. In addition to the topics in your query, they are fond of stroking each other's egos. Other items of discussion include modelling software such as NEC 4.0. Yes, it takes a real genius to model the behavior of a horizontal loop or dipole with such a program.

I often check-in with a Meissner Signal Shifter or Cosmophone but am ignored since I am not one of the chosen few. In simple terms, I am just not as intereting as Benjamin KD7BCW from Salem.

Arthur Bell and Orville Redenbacher often have lover's quarrels. Once, Orville got so angry with Arthur that he threatened to operate the "ultra highs" and take up Amateur Television as a new avocation. Can you imagine Orville's mug on Fast Scan Television? That ought to be a violation of Part 97 in itself.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2002, 04:08:40 PM »

After reading the orignal author's profile here on Eham. I think perhaps this is a tongue in cheek slam at most amatuers that frequent the HF bands in general.  Click on his call up there and see what he has to say for him self.  73  tom N6AJR
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2002, 07:15:08 PM »

Not exactly my kind of fellow ham, but............
W5HTW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2002, 08:24:55 PM »

Haven't run across such a net, but certainly the originator of this thread would be the absolute logical choice to be master of ceremonies/NCS, as he appears highly qualified.  I heartily suggest he start such a net.  It should probably be on 2 meters in the San Fran area, as it would fit perfectly in that decor.

Ed

N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2002, 12:08:49 AM »

don't blame this on california
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2002, 12:49:16 AM »

If it wasn't for all the pissin' and moanin' about the afflictions of age there'd damn sure be a bunch more clear frequencies on 75 Meter fone.

I'd say more, but my bladder just twitched and...

- AC5UP

Never change a password on a Friday                
KA0MR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2002, 10:08:48 PM »

I looked at his "brag sheet". I must say what a self-professed dip-shit. Most likely to encounter someone like him on 75m.

Like his opinion of radio club members he finds so unimpressive. I am unimpressed with him to say the least. But he probably is a "legend in his own mind"
N6AYJ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2002, 10:51:55 PM »

Hermann, you are my hero and I want to be your slave.  I tried emailing you at the address given in your eham bio, but the message was returned.  Please give me your real call and email address, Hermann!  My email address is: bcrowell@excite.com.  And can you get on 3830 and lay your pearls of wisdom on us mere mortals??  "W6 Old Bad Back" - I love it!!  Can I steal that line from you, please?  Billy the Bill Collector, N6AYJ
KD7PLU

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2002, 01:11:22 AM »

You're right, N6AYJ, I'm the kind of ham that makes people drive nails in their coax. I hope you find your old-guy net. And I hope the hobby is around long enough for me to enjoy it when the time comes. Seems that fewer and fewer people are around to help row the boat. Maybe you'll find your ore soon.

Loren B. Cobb / KD7PLU
KB0NLY

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2002, 03:26:25 AM »

Yep, there is definitely those types of conversations every night on or around 3830, maybe it isn't worth working on the old CW to get on HF. After all by the time i get my upgrade the FCC will have realocated most of the HF spectrum to users that want to use it for something else other than complaining about medical problems.
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2002, 10:43:42 AM »

Bill Crowell is the last (hopefully) of the Six-Land gadflies. We don't need another.

Alan, KØBG

W5WJP

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2002, 09:31:40 AM »

California can be blamed for EVERYTHING! What else is it good for? hihi
N5XM

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2002, 09:50:38 AM »

It depends on what you call old, you know?  What is sad is that some don't realize we would not be where we are in Amateur Radio, with all the fancy equipment that no one ever imagined, were it not for the "old guys" you refer to in such a tongue in cheek manner. These folks have forgotten more about radio than 90% of us know. These amazing and dedicated Hams built this hobby from the ground up. I just wonder how you might respond if someone insulted you in a similar manner? What have YOU done for radio?  
I am not an "old guy", but I am a very experienced Ham, on both phone and CW. The contacts I have with the guys who have prostatitis, hemorrhoids, and rectal incontinence are the best and most interesting contacts I make, and we don't even mention our physical problems. Why do these people bother you?  Reach up and move your VFO if you don't like the subject matter. I know, I know, you are just joking...it's gonna be your turn at some point.
N6AYJ

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2003, 12:48:29 PM »

N5XM: the problem I have with so many older hams is that they feel they are "superior" to everyone else, but their alleged superiority stems from insecurity, not from actual superiority; and to make matters worse, they think nobody else realizes they're insecure!  I find that maddening.  How can people have so little self-knowledge?  It's an example of the "FUD factor" at work in amateur radio: give a fat, ugly dweeb a ham radio license and he instantly thinks he's superior to other people.  Hams need to remember that they're nothing special as people.  In fact, most hams are bigger losers than the average person on the street.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: