Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on vx150ht  (Read 244 times)
N8RZO

Ignore
« on: February 23, 2003, 12:54:16 PM »

I think I am going to purchase 2 new vx150 hts, one for myself and one for my daughter. This will be our first ht and I have seen a lot of information concerning these radios. But after all of my reading I still can't come up with anything solid on what type of, or what make of, extra batteries or rapid charger that would be most helpful and a best buy for this ht and us. There seems to be several options. Any advice is welcome. Thanks to all.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 04:40:31 PM »

I own several of these, got them on sale for $79 each a couple months ago from HRO and I like them.  the battery pack is a closed pack of nicads and you would need to get an extra if that is what you think you need.  

If you charge the battery properly (Overnite) and use them normally you probally won't need an extra battery.  get the 12 volt ciggerett lighter plug to boost them while running mobile and get a mag mount for your car roof and use them mobile.  

I like mine a lot. they are easy to program and handy in size. I really reccommend them.  have the guy at the radio store load in a couple local repeaters for you to start.  73  tom N6AJR
K8ZO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 07:33:26 PM »

Even the least expensive after market NiMH battery packs are 40 bucks.  Two of them buy another HT.  I would stay with the nicad that is furnished, and if one goes bad then buy a NiMH pack.  The empty case to use alkaline, nicads, or what ever is good but when you buy it, some batteries and a wall charger for ONE of them you have enough for almost TWO more radios!

As far as I know the after market NiMH packs can be charged with the wall wort, so if you get one later on you should still be ok.

K8ZO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: